JahBless E-seriesFantasies&TCGadventures

Hello peoples,

finally gonna try out making a collection thread of my own. I know it can’t live up to those threads from living legends here, but I’m determined to focus solely on (reverse)Holo cards from the E-series era [Exp.Base,Aquapolis,Skyridge], including the rare oddballs. Besides all this EseriesCollectionStuff going on, I noticed we have a few TCGplayers here on E4, but no threads relating to the game itself. Since I’m gonna try to qualify myself again for a spot @worlds '19/'20 (did it once two years ago) I decided to also share my TCGadventures with you guys.

Next to some awesome competitivePlayAction (I hope…) I’ll try to show you all why I fell in love with these last WOTC-era printed sets-some supreme quality artwork cards. If you have any (rare) E-series cards [mostly looking for “sample” cards from expedition, FPO, sealedPacks] ór some TCG related news/updates/tips for my deck don’t hesitate to PM me :wink:

As said I’ll also try to keep updating the thread with CollectionUpdates- now that i finished all three [binder]sets in ReverseHolo I might go with the PSA route & try to get everything in that tightNeatPlastic- would be cool to see all those reverseBeauty’s in PSA8+. I highly suspect myself throwing more money away on other exclusive E-Seriesstuff, so I hope I can treat you guys to some neatPictures once in a while. Below you’ll find links to the collectionAlbums i made for each set; in these albums i’ll zoom through the set with some highlights/easterEggs & reasons why i adore these reverses :blush:

Expedition Base
AquapolisSkyridge

Be sure to also check out my MiniArticle on the story behind the artwork on Skyridge

17 Likes

Your collection is no small feat whatsoever. Unbelievable collection!
Expedition is my favorite set and I agree with pretty much everything you said about the cards except that gross venusaur crushing the pokeball :joy:.

Thanks for sharing and I definitely look forward to seeing more of your posts!!

Also I did not expect those surprises at the end!

Awesome.

1 Like

@mthursty I never scrolled so fast to the bottom!

@jahbless91 you saved the best for last! I really wish I could get mine encapsulated too!
Incredible collection and expedition is indeed a beautiful set to complete!

2 Likes

Such a massive set. Very nice cards :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for the support guys! Just updated thread with the aquapolis set; took me a shitload of hours again, but atleast i’m finally making a start with updating my database with condition/prices :blush: I’ll keep updating thread with new posts of random purchases after I’m done with the three e-series reverse sets in my main/intro post.

Will try to post the skyridge reverse holo set soon with compilation of artwork, but it’s prolly gonna take me a bit more time; last set has the most history and funfacts added to it and really wanna make a good post out of it. Besides, I don’t even have the set complete yet, still missing 5 cards… so please support/help me & check out my WTBpost on them- would love to buy all 5 @once, since living in Europe and shipping cost are out of this world.

Wow, your collection has made me see these sets in a new light. I never really looked too closely at the e-reader sets but they have some beautiful artwork and I love the reverse holos! I feel like these are unappreciated sets and not just by me! Big sets also, congratulations on the collection!

4 Likes

Great, its what i’m trying to show people- some sick artwork on shiny cards :blush: also tried to collect something unique when I started with these massive sets about three years ago

Downside is that most of my investment are all gone info the e-series, i have almost no other old WOTC stuff (let alone a base charizard or anything base/1stEdition/shadowless)- first the e-series sets gotta be perfect and afterwards i might start buying some copies of coolart PSA cards or something like that- enough to find/spend on VSseries/vending and sample cards, do might start with the Japanse eserie holo’s after i complete skyridge

Thanks for letting me know anyways!!

Gettin’real close to the full reverse set from Skyridge! Got this littlePainInTheassToFindFucker in the mail yesterday + i gave up and bought 2 PSAcased reverse holo’s from skyridge; couldn’t/can’t find the raw versions anywhere (a mystery plate and an igglybuff for combined about 80$ including shipping…)- set is really killin’ me, but only 1 left to go!

If anyone of you guys has a reverse Friend Ball from Skyridge (raw or PSAgraded)- please hitme up :blush:

4 Likes

Mate your attention to detail and sheer amount of work you put into those photos is amazing. It must of taken you hours. :blush:

1 Like

ThanksMan! Does take me some time, but it’s worth it if i can give something back to the community here :blush:

Plus, it also functions as my “zen/meditation” time- prolly gonna redo all three sets with better pictures/sleeves [dont really like the silver outlining on the sleeves i use RN] -would love to own all 3 reverse sets in PSA-cases, so that might be my next step if i can replace all copies to NM/M enough state (about 90% from the binder collection are worth grading and getting 7+grades)

Guess i made this step anyways since i had to buy 2skyridge reverse singles in a PSA case- been hunting them for about 2years but they never came up, so when i saw these drive by on eBay i tought fckit and bought them;

Igglybuff

MysteryPlate

AlmostSummerVacation update!

Got tired of waiting for the last reverse holo needed to finish my Skyridge binder collection, so I just started with my PSA collection of reverse holo’s- big aquapolis auction PSA auction, scored me some beauty’s as a starter for my full PSA reverseEseriesSets

Majestic pink blobs

UnderwaterArt

TrainerMadness

ReverseEnergySet

Overview

Bonus shot:

4 Likes

I bought me a case of dragon shield sleeves + perfect fit stuff with the idea of sleeving up the whole collection real good + making inventory/marking state of cards before i put 'm away for some time. Then life happend and i broke my wrist on my second day of summervacation [last sunday] :thinking: Mate and i tought it would be fun rippin’up the halfpipe again, but after an hour of skateboarding my accident happend

So today i recieved the sleeveOrder- tell you it’s pretty hard to slevve up cards while your thumb ain’t working anymore- prolly got a operation coming up monday to fix it all up- broke pretty much all the bones you could break

But i couldn’t resist and mannedup & sleeved up the first thirty or so from skyridge; and the difference in layout is way better- changing the right sleeves (silver) for the ones on the left (black)- gotta do this for aquapolis/ExpBase to, hope the hand functions a bit better by then

Good news here is that i officially finished the Skyridge set! scored me the last reverse holo thanks to some users on eFour with better eBayknowledge then me -will update&tag asap once i recieve the card on mail

I’ll hope to update my first/main post here soon & add the Skyridge set- after that ill hope to just continue this thread with updates on other cool related e-serie stuff & my soon to startup TCG career again [when i can shuffle a deck again…]

3 Likes

Finally done with skyridge :blush: thanks to some help from @fireftw87 & @dean i scored the last card on my list: the reverse holo Friend Ball :heart_eyes:

Currently busy (re)sleeving Skyridge & taking pictures for the main post, hope to have it done soon :blush: Still have to decide if i’m gonna make a separate post on some specific artwork in the set or just blend it all into one big album…

Will think about that while rippin’ up some packs from the new set; not for collecting purposes but i have to get me a playset of RayquazaGX, wanna compete again in the TCG so gonna use Ray to get to the top! Also just wanted to open some boosters again for the heck of it & get some trade material-> will post pull’s once i’m done with these babies:

5 Likes

Happy to help! :slightly_smiling_face: hope it was a good deal in the end and the card condition was up to scratch! (no pun intended)

Nice collection @jahbless91 !
…and you shouldn’t worry about how your collection compares to others, we’re all primarily interested in the art and love for it; not the value.

You’re totally right though, they really went out with a bang, Expedition, Aquapolis and Skyridge have some next level art (Neo Destiny is still my favourite though).

Good luck with the Skyridge reverse holo set, I’m actually working on that myself now, about 30 cards down, its surprising how cheaply you can still get these cards as RHs, maybe I’m just lucky with some under the radar UK listings though.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you, I’d be happy to give you some cards you may need down the line as I tend to buy bundles and often end up with a lot of duplicates, but we’ll see!

@fireftw87 It was kinda a good deal; 40bucks, but its NM and without scratches indeed! :slightly_smiling_face: & i’m guessing its gonna get more&more expensive though, this trainer (and others from Skyridge) will become legal again in the standard TCG, so people might be wanting to buy 'm to bling out their decks (it’s the oldest playable version)- will light out the other legal cards in my overviewMainPost update on skyridge soon!

& @ankoko Thanks mate! I just finished the set with that FriendBall addition, will upload the whole collection soon -in style of the Expedition&Aquapolis sets from my mainPost. I wish you all the luck in the world getting those reverses, grab 'm while you can :wink:
I might hit you up in the future if i need some cards in better condition :blush:

Talking about artwork, just uploaded an “article” on how artwork from Skyridge came to be (in my theory) and why i love it so much;

www.elitefourum.com/t/skyridge-the-story-behind-the-artwork/21227/1

2 Likes

YeaaaBaby- as seen in a few posts before I finally got my last Skyridge card- took some time, but also made an Album/Scrollthrough/Artwork gallery for my Skyridge collection also & updated my main post. Was fun to make these big posts, but from now on I’ll just keep updating my thread with exclusiveEseriestuff I buy as extra’s.

Next to that I hope to post some TCGrelated stuff to- planning to qualify for Worlds next year (#PrayforHawaii), so I bought myself 3boosterBoxes from the newest set- also just for fun’Sake and just opening packs again; lo and behold the worst pulls a man ever had; :face_with_spiral_eyes: :dizzy_face:

Spoiler

& ofcourse i should be happy with the playset of RayquazaGX… I would, if i didn’t have to buy 3 of 'm separatly- I only pulled one :unamused:
So that’s about 15/16GX/ultraRares out of 108Packs- with more then half of those GX’s nearly unplayable&pureShit.

Well-atleast got my deck ready& have some tradeBinderstuff- will be playing 3LeagueCups next week & already have the trip planned out for the FrankfurtRegionals @the end of September; so hopefully I’ll be getting some TCG luck in exchange for the ShittyPullRateLuck

1 Like

Dude I just looked through you pics. love these sets myself! Have you ever thought about the fact that skyridge Gengar looks pretty much like the shiny version? Always loved that card mainly because of the artwork and background but the colours are pretty dope aswell! He looks so badass!

1 Like

NeverThought about the shiny part, but its def. one of the best/intriguing artworks in the set :blush:

1 Like

Can’t complain about my first league cup season for my TCGadventure :blush: Just got back from a three dayTrip so I could make a headstart into the season:

First 25points are in, sadly work starts again tomorrow; so no more time for tournaments on weekdays :slightly_frowning_face:

Still gonna rip up some games in the weekends- got two league challenges coming up (the only two i can play for the first season) so just pray to atleast hit top8 at both for some points & then its off to Germany for the internationals @the end of September!

2 Likes