If you were a Pokemon Trainer....

And you had to chose one specialty/type what would it be?

Like the different gym leaders and the elite four. And what would be the six Pokemon in your lineup? (Doesnt have to be purely stats based, can be just because you like the Pokemon)

For example, as my name gives away I would be like Blaine going for fire type (with dragon a close second) and my six Pokemon in my line up would be:

Charizard - The OG!!
Arcanine - Fire dog
Flareon - Have to love a Eeveelution
Moltres - How could I not include this Legendary bird
Typhlosion - Fond memories from Pokemon Silver
Magmar - For his awesome fight with Ashes Charizard in the anime

5 Likes

I would be a combination of Electric and Grass specialty. For the sake of this post, I’ll pick Electric.

My lineup would be:
Raichu (favorite Pokemon)
Zapdos
Ampharos
Raikou
Jolteon
Electabuzz

1 Like

I would go with Water, way too much fun to be had exploring the tropics. I’d set up a gym on an island that trainers would have to discover in order to challenge me. My lineup would be:

1. Poliwrath
  2. Vaporeon
  3. Gyarados
  4. Starmie
  5. Kabutops
  6. Tentacruel
2 Likes

I like your idea with the gym! I would probably put mine on top of a tabletop mountain which trainers had to climb in order to prove their worth and challenge the gym. Then could battle with 360 views on a open arena

1 Like

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#moltres+skarmory+staraptor+lopunny+honchkrow+archeops

2 Likes

So it’s a bird gym except for the token bunny?

1 Like

I’d be the elite 4 champion of course. So I can have a variety haha

1. Metagross
  2. Garchomp
  3. Milotic
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Rayquaza (Mega)
  6. Salamence
2 Likes

13 Likes

Although Generation 1 showed little to no love for the Dragon type, it’s always been - and remained - my favorite one.

For the sake of memes I would really appreciate it if Pokémon Sword and Shield introduced a Dragon type whose name starts with the letter O so it can replace Axew. They can even make it Dragon / Bug type, which would finally put all Dragon dual types ingame.

4 Likes

1 Like

Bah! I’ve had updated lists like a good nerd for years now just because it’s a fun thought experiment. My favorite types have always been: Water/Psychic/Dragon/Bug

So my teams.

Water:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#gyarados+kabutops+totodile+greninja+clawitzer+golisopod

Psychic:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#alakazam-mega+mewtwo+espeon+sableye+metagross+reuniclus

Dragon:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#gyarados+dragonair+lugia+rayquaza-mega+dragalge+noivern

Bug:
richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#scyther+scizor+ninjask+galvantula+volcarona+golisopod

If I had to pick a team, though, I love my Bug Team most of all. Which is hard to say for obvious reasons. But it has 3 of my top 8 favorite Pokemon.

2 Likes

I will always be a fan of water type pokemon, the way the Pokemon movies does their ocean, lakes and rivers are always so mesmerizing. For my chosen 6, they’d have to be cute and cuddly, cuddly and cute, then some grace on the side.

7 Likes

I would be a poison type trainer like koga.

My team:

Nidoking
Arbok
Drapion
Salazzle
Toxicroak
Venusaur

3 Likes

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#sceptile-mega+altaria+metagross+latias+latios+rayquaza

I may like Gen 3 and Dragons :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Since I’m a metalhead, I’ve gotta go with the metal type! Ive always plain and simple liked most all things metal. I ended up a welder in life! Metal pokemon are all just so gnarly. I’ve really liked them since they came out in the neo series. The first metal type I got was the neo discovery magnemite, I loved the way the font portion of the cards background looked!

Metagross
Magneton
Steelix
Aggron
Skarmory
Scizor

10 Likes

Are there any Dark gym masters already out there in the recent core games?

I’ll team up with @mikejofthecoast , and we could have a metal-themed gym together! I’ll represent the black metal genre from the 80s. Man, imagine my outfit…

4 Likes

Team Sad

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#cubone+whismur+spoink+trubbish+phantump+mimikyu

9 Likes

I would be a ghost gym leader.
1 gengar
2 dusknoir
3. Haunter
4. Dusclops
5 banette
6. Mismagius

Pretty hard to pick just one type… My dream setup of six Pokémon would be a mixture of types:

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#alakazam+haunter+ditto+aerodactyl+moltres+seviper

But just a single type, I’d go with Psychic:

richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#alakazam+haunter+mew+unown+celebi+gardevoir

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

If I needed to choose a type, I would obviously go with Dragon! My team would look something like this, but as E4 and champions don’t really have legendaries I would need to be someone from the Battle Frontier to have this team:

If I was a regular trainer, the team would be a bit different. I would add favorites like Alolan Ninetales and so on :blush:

5 Likes