I want to see more YouTubers recommend PSA 9s more

I want all Youtubers and social media active people to stop having endless investment speeches and focus on the hobby of collecting cards you like and having achievable goals.

2 Likes

Instead of PSA 9 modern cards, aren’t you just better off buying the card raw? That way you aren’t needlessly spending money on a third-party plastic case. Like, instead of a $30 PSA 9, just buy the raw card for $15. The condition will be the same. Why pay more for a card that you can reliably get for less in the same condition raw? The whole point of grading is to assure that you’re getting a card in the desired condition – but this assurance is all but irrelevant for modern cards since they’re all mint anyway.

And I also don’t understand the sentiment that vintage cards are too expensive – you can buy PSA 9 unlimited WotC holos for like $30-40 ea (even the chase cards are generally under $300). Sure, it sounds like you won’t be able to collect mint gold stars or 1st Ed Base, but there are still plenty of reasonable options in your budget.

7 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the hobby a lot more since I stopped watching anything on Youtube Pokemon related - in my opinion you shouldn’t need Youtubers to recommend to you what to collect.

9 Likes

This squirtle is ready to evolve

10 Likes

Not a perfectionist here, so PSA 9 is fine with me too. Even for modern chase cards like Lillie or rainbow zard. Buy the card, not the slab.

1 Like

Just to call you out - in the other thread you want to budget $400 a month, your girl would kill you if you spent $800 on 1 card (2 months of budget)

The goldstar is 1 year of your budget. All doable, to me it sounds like you saying youre priced out of vintage while spending more money on modern than it would take to start a vintage collection.

All love,
odds

1 Like

So we have an agreement her and i. So, we are saving for a wedding but I am about 90 percent responsible adult. I am 30 and we are engaged no kids, we barely go out and we arnt drinkers so we dont spend money like alot of young people who blow 100-200 bucks a weekend on alcohol. I have a a rule no more then 10 percent of annual income on a hobby or having fun. i could in theory spend 3500 on a gold star pikachu psa 9 but then i wouldnt be allowed to buy anythign else pretty much for the entire year. i can buy 50-100 dollar slabs and modern booster boxes at msrp and have more fun then blowing my yearly budget on one card. Would you rather buy mutliple things every month or every couples or only buy one thing a year? i think 95% of people no matter what their finalcial situation would rather do multiple times a year. same dollar amount but do you put in all one basket or in multiple items? vintage priced out most people so we go to modern. I think their a negative connotation towards modern when honestly the cards are great. We are 3 years removed from covid bubble and people still buying and loving modern pokemon. Is that just hype or do people just genuinely love the hobby and wan thte new stuf.f i think gambling is buying metazoo or lorcana, and other hype tcg hoping they will be the next big thing.

2 Likes

We need some psa 11’s

3 Likes

Well, you’re at least more responsible than me, my friend.
Not so much for you or anyone else, but still an achievement to my eyes.
Keep it going like that and remember there’s people (me) around making poorer decisions in their lives

1 Like

Mint 9 :x: terrible choice :x: no value :x: stop buying :x:

9 Likes

I want to see more content creators recommending PSA 9, but only once I’m done buying them.

Almost all my 10s are ones that I have submitted myself.

5 Likes