I Need Help :(

Hey guys,

As I mentioned before, this scammer (thecreatureart123) bought a couple of my items. He wasn’t responding and hadn’t paid so I opened up an eBay case to cancel the transactions. He declined the cases so the transactions are still ongoing.

Thankfully (in some respects) he doesn’t want to continue with the transactions as per recent messages. Problem is, however, that I can no longer send a request to cancel the transaction or anything like that, since he declined the first one. Basically he isn’t going to pay for the items but I still have to pay eBay final value fees on two items sold above the $170.00 mark. I don’t want to lose that money as it’s quite a bit :slightly_frowning_face:

My questions is: Is there any way that I can get my final value fees back for these items? I don’t know what to do because I have no way of opening cases.

Looking forward to input from anyone who knows anything about these sorts of things.

I never send a cancelation because of that reason that the guy can decline I just wait for 7 day and then open a unpaid item case and after that if you wait 5 days you can cancel it yourself and get the fees back.

The last time this happened to me I contacted ebay support and just said its been this long and no payment so they cancelled the transactions for me.

That really helps guys, I appreciate it.

The unpaid item case is the way to go. Once you are able to close the case he will not be able to leave feedback.

Also, I would add him to the block lost on your account.