Gold Star Rayquaza PSA 10 - Sold for $6,000 USD

They have a list of their current and upcoming auctions on their website pwccauctions.com

1 Like

Too bad I’m more of a bgs guy… Congratulations to all of you with psa GS Rays!

1 Like

To be honest, I think this is merely the beginning.

I have been watching the availability of both 10’s and 9’s goldstars during the last months. Several months ago there would be a hundred + listings of PSA 9 goldstars. Now there is only 25 PSA 9 listings with quite a few doubles (like 5 pika’s or something).

There is not alot of new Goldstars hitting the market, not many are being graded anymore let alone being sold. At this rate, goldstars are going to dry up even more.

In my opinion, Charizard and Rayquaza are only the precursor of what’s to come. I think we will see a vast increase in prises for all goldstars during the comming months. I have recently graded a PSA 10 goldstar Latias myself and haven’t put that up for sale anywhere yet. Still, I have received multiple 3k+ offers on that already.

Many of the goldstars are just becomming so scarce and hard to get, even 9’s. The last PSA 9 charizard goldstar on Ebay sold nearly a month ago. There used to be plenty of them on Ebay all the time.

1 Like

Damn… 6k

With the 10 going for this the other grades will go up as well. This is making the purchase of a binder I got for $80 off offerup look good. It had a Rayquaza in it that I graded and got a 6 on :blush:

3 Likes

Hard to believe you sold a cleaner copy instead of keeping it.

Both of my GS 10 Rays are clean…one has slightly better centering than the other and one has more pronounced corner whitening than the other. I sold the one with a much cleaner back/corners because I felt it deserved a slightly more premium price overall…megacon could have chosen the other as I offered him his pick if he wanted. Either way, I needed funds more than needing to keep two of these bad boys, so one of them had to go. :blush:

as jayce said, the front centering on the other had slightly better top/bottom, but the back of mine is essentially flawless. Both centering are within parameters of a 10, psa or bgs subgrade, so the choice was obvious

So it’s technically not the best Rayquaza GS out there if the one you got was second in centering between the two. Not worth $6 racks imo.

How is it not if the other one had worse corners and worse back and left/right centering? Mine only has top/bottom thats so slight, its still within 10 parameters, so that’s a negligible point. Not sure what your point is

MY ADVICE! with the gold starbz would be.

To wait for ungraded copy to bid on ect.

There is gem copies out there and they seem to be going for reasonable price a month ago.

So errr. sometimes they go real cheap depending on the photos lol. a.k.a fourstar. xD I got one zard for 500ish.

Sure you may be waiting a while but errr… these psa 10 prices are of course reflecting the scarcity of them mint ungraded, and how much the odds are stacked against you when pulling one or one coming up mint… SO, patience on waiting for them to pop up on the bay store is crucial.

howeever if your going to continue the fun game and great challengerb of the hunt… Epect alot of this. hence the psa 10 prices

go find me a mint copy then :blush:

Hell no… there mine bish.

correction… THEY WILL ALL BE MOOIE MUHHAHAHAHAHA

I tend to do this now as well. If I see an extremely clean gem mint card, I feel okay with paying a little extra, over normal market value. People do pay attention to the details.

It seems that PSA 9/10 Gold Stars for rayquaza and charizard are difficult to come by these days. Nice pick up. That’s a gorgeous card – my favorite GS card for sure.

1 Like

Thought I’d chime in and say that I just bought a beautiful rayquaza for $6.2k (shoutout to @cooltrainerryan for linking me) and couldn’t be more pumped for the card – I’ve wanted this card for years and finally could afford it (which is odd given that I’m able to afford it now when its price spiked lol).

Normally I prefer Charizard artwork above rayquaza, but Rayquaza GS >>>>> Charizard GS. Imo, it’s the most aesthetically pleasing card produced by Pokemon ever. Nothing comes close to it (with Crystal Celebi coming in @ #2 for me)

Keeping it forever and ever so 1 less Rayquaza in the market now yw :wink:

7 Likes

Congrats man, GS Ray is one of the most beautiful cards in the entire tcg! Glad you got in before PSA 10s hit the five-figure mark…that is bound to happen way, way sooner than most people are expecting as the people shelling out for it are not interested in reselling, but rather, locking them up in their personal collections. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s always been “the” card that I’ve wanted as a kid so now I no longer have that lingering “what if I don’t ever get that card” and it feels great.

1 Like

So now what do you have to look forward to!? Maybe you should sell it next year and try to get it back again? Keep things fresh and funky.

2 Likes

FYI, for anyone curious (i’ve gotten PMs on IG), I did end up refunding the original $6k buyer for the Rayquaza due to personal reasons on their part …did relist on eBay and took a best offer ($9,000 was my list price) and ended up selling for $7k+…feedback has been received and the buyer is happy with their purchase currently…this is just in case anyone was curious on the current prices of a PSA 10 GS Ray… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Two have sold at the 7k level then, nice. MVP

RAY4PRES

2 Likes

Poor Japanese version… :sob: still so low…

Poor Japanese packs… so cheap… still…