GemMint10's Collection Thread

Please teach me restraint like you haveā€¦

1 Like

I do it buy setting myself a budget of about Ā£150 - Ā£200 a month for pokemon cards. This is after i have moved half my monthly wage into savings and put money aside for things like mobile phone contract, credit card payments and spending money for days when going out shopping and stuff.

At the stage im at now with the base set, i will need to save up atleast 3 months worth of pokemon budget to buy just one holo at the current prices that they going at and if im not sending cards to get PSA graded.

Iā€™m primarily focused on the base sets but may graded a few from other sets if i like the artwork :blush:

1 Like

Another Update :blush:

Some PSA Returns, enjoy :grin:

3 Likes

nice porygon!

is there any reason why two of the cards fail to have 1st ED on their PSA label?

1 Like

Thanks, i thought the pprygon was going to get a 9 but got super happy when i saw the 10 :grin:

All the cards have 1st edition on the PSA Label but some are written as ā€œ1st Editionā€ and others as ā€œ1st Edā€ due to lack of space for text :blush:

ah yes, they include the ā€œ1ST EDā€ on the top line on some, i dont like it haha

1st Edition Chinese Base Set booster Packs

4 Likes

Just a little update, 3 more 1st Edition Base Set Trainer cards :blush: Only need 5 more now, such a pain they are to get :angry:

4 Likes

5 more to complete the set?!

1 Like

Should have written it better, I meant i need 5 more trainers to have all the trainers from the set :blush: After that its the rare pokemon cards followed by the 16 holos. So far i have 64 cards out of the 102 so quite a lot left.

1 Like

You are sure getting along nicely with that 1ed base set, you collection thread is like my permanent reminder that my next collection goal after my current ones is huge (is psa 10 1ed base) haha.

Thanks mate :blush: Its been fun so far and Iā€™ve really enjoyed it. Things will slow down a bit from now as the rest of the cards i need are pricey.

Its certainly a huge goal to complete and something definitely to look forward to :blush:

How many have you got so far?

I have just over half the cards, 64 out of the 102, most of the commons and uncommons as well as trainers.
Still a few of them left, 5 trainers, a couple of uncommons and commons like pikachu, wartortle etc.
Then iā€™ll need to get the pokemon rares cards 17 to 23 and after that its the big 16 the Holos.

1 Like

Great! Good luck with the rest, always good to have a project that takes some time.

1 Like

Youā€™re doing great! Donā€™t give up.

1 Like

Are you going to be buying the holos last? Also did you grade any of the set yourself or straight up but the 10s all the way?

Yup the holos will be purchased last as it make it easier for me to save up for them knowing that i have all the other cards in the set. I did not grade a single one of these cards, most were purchased from here on the forums and others from eBay. i will continue to do so as i want the ones that donā€™t have the PSA hologram on the label as the rest of the set so far is without it.

Here is a tiny update:

Pikachu Korean Unlimited Base Set PSA 10, thank you Mr Gary :grin:

4 Likes

Todayā€™s pokepost from the US, 15 1st edition korean base set holos and a golem masakl promo :grin: :grin:
I actually have all 16 korean holos, the venusaur is currently at PSA :blush:
It is the first time since 1999, that i have had all the holos of a base set :grin:

6 Likes