FireBirder's Ampharos Collection!

Ampharos is a beautiful boy.

1 Like

Finally got back a couple of new Ampharos cards from PSA that I sent in myself. I must say, I’m super stoked at these grades, especially for the prices I paid for the raw cards!

First up, Neo Rev Unlimited PSA 9. This was my target grade for this card seeing as the PSA 10 is basically impossible.

Next, not a full Ampharos card but definitely an awesome one with Amphy in it. Mary’s Request Reverse Holo which also pulled the 9. Pretty epic since I paid 5 bucks for a NM copy from Troll and Toad! @pluckles for sure want all of the cards with Ampharos in the artwork!

7 Likes

Well… I started down the slippery slope of Japanese Ampharos cards and picked up a few goodies in the past month or so. Really happy about these but I made my seemingly large goal that much larger.

Also, there is now a PSA set registry for Ampharos which is partly what pushed me to dive into Japanese. Check out my registered collection there.

I also couldn’t resist this unique card that I saw for a good price.

10 Likes

Added several more Ampharos to the collection in the past month!! Really stoked with each new addition!

8 Likes

Your collection is getting to a next level Jacob!! insane additions :heart:

1 Like

Another one added!

11 Likes

Thank you so much! Huge praise coming from you man, really appreciate it!

I’ve added a lot of nice cards to the collection since my last update, mostly Japanese ones. I’ve also finally updated my template sheets on the original post and added in some for the Japanese cards and bonus cards featuring Amphaors.

Of course, I did add one monster upgrade thanks to @pokemonargentina! This low pop Ampharos EX from EX Dragon! Check out the original post for all the other updates and progress.

I also managed to win some new cards/upgrades in PWCC auction so I’ll be featuring those whenever I get around to shipping them to my home from the vault.

11 Likes

Fantastic collection and a great new addition! Always love to see collections that are this focused.

1 Like

Amazing collection, that is super impressive! I have loved Ampharos since playing Gold as a kid. Well done!!

1 Like

Congratulations Jacobbbb!!!

1 Like

UPDATE!! I’m stoked that I’ve been able to make some amazing progress in the last month or so adding in absolutely stellar cards, super popular and low pops!

Thanks to @gottaketchumall for the Pop 2 Platinum Holo looking awesome with the Pop 1 Rev Holo now!!

October PWCC was a big help too for finding some steals.

Here are a few highlights I added like the Pop 1 PSA 9 Smooth Cosmo Holo BW Promo! Updated the master sheet on the first post as well.

14 Likes

love seeing all of this, ampharos was one of my favorite pokemon as a kid and I just love seeing all these beauties. I can’t wait to see what more you get

1 Like

Ampharos usually doesn’t get a whole lot of love, so it’s amazing seeing all this amazing art. Which is your. fav card art?

1 Like

I loooove Ampharos cards, this is so great to see come together.

1 Like

January 2022 Update!! Added several awesome low pop cards! Stoked to continue making great progress each month. Over 60% complete now and have stacks of cards to grade when PSA lower tiers open up.

10 Likes

Impossible to pick a favorite for me! I really genuinely appreciate all of them.

increadible collection you got there, nice work.

I’ll catch up to you eventually! (Probably not)

The PSA Set Registry is unfortunately years out of date for this set and only goes up to Sun and Moon Team Up. They’re missing quite a few variants of cards from older sets too. I submitted some requests to update the set and they’ve been pending for nearly two months now. I’m sure they’re backed up but hopefully the newer cards after Sun and Moon get added at some point.

It has been awhile since I’ve managed to circle back and update my collection! I have been traveling a lot for work lately and as such, been away from the forum for a bit but I have of course been working on my master Ampharos collection the whole time.

I finally got 2 cards graded this year. I sent them in on the PSA $50 tier and both hit the PSA 10! These were the Wind from the Sea 1st Edition which I bought for like $40 raw on ebay!! and the bandit ring full art EX which I also bought raw on ebay. Super excited both of them got PSA 10s and are safely in my collection now.

I’ve updated the main post and here is a sample of what I’ve added so far in 2022 with hopes of adding many more! One by one I’m getting there.

9 Likes