EX Ruby & Sapphire Question

Hello all,
The last booster I ripped before I departed collecting when I was a kid was an EX Rubby and Sapphire pack. I got the following “hits” - a rare darkness energy, a holo rare Mightyena, and a reverse holo fighting energy. I understand that the reverse was guaranteed, but I remember being surprised that I pulled a rare non-holo and a rare holo in the same pack. Was this typical? Or were packs with darkness-type Pokémon (such as Mightyena) automatically seeded with a darkness energy? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Yes, it’s normal. I opened 2x heavy EX Ruby & Sapphire packs not long ago, and both of them came with a non-holo rare in addition to the holo. You can see what I pulled in this thread.

3 Likes

Very helpful thanks! For some reason it didn’t even occur to me to find other pack openings on YouTube/this forum

1 Like

The same thing happens with Skyridge (maybe other E-series too) whereby if you pull a holo, there’s a non holo rate guaranteed as well.

2 Likes

Interesting - I never opened a skyridge pack. I opened several expedition ones though - I’ll have to check to see if that was the case with that set as well!

Never opened skyridge myself but seen enough videos. :grin: You can watch some skyridge heavy openings from TCA gaming and you’ll see it :blush:

2 Likes

yup, normal! for a series of sets, I believe from Expedition to Team Magma/Team Aqua (@zorloth you might have a better idea of the exact sets here), the holo rare/ex would take the place of the fifth common in the pack, meaning it would come right before the reverse holo slot.

2 Likes