Eevee Jungle stamp error - multiple variants

I have been looking at a lot of Eevee Jungle 1st edition d stamp errors since I am looking to upgrade the condition on my copy. I have noticed several different shapes of the oval on the stamp.
My copy:

Then there are these 3 on eBay, 1 matches my shape, but the last 2 have different shapes. So 3 total variants?
And also @launcestoneeveeman copy of the d Eevee matches the one above on ebay.

So 2 confirmed copies of my variant, 2 confirmed copies of the one above, and a third variant with 1 confirmed copy.

Edit: Seems to be a floating 0 that can be at different angles.

7 Likes

I can understand the different angles if something was stuck on the stamper and it was moving around, but sometimes the height of the O or 0 or o is different.

1 Like

@gemmintpokemon hey I am guessing you have multiple copies of the Jungle Eevee error. Do your copies have different shapes of the O ?

Iโ€™m not going to hunt for different locations haha. The one I got will be enough for me =/

After seeing there are 3+ different shapes of the error, I wonโ€™t count them against my % complete for the master set.

1 Like

Theyโ€™re not all in the same place on the 1st edition stamp.

4 Likes

Happy to say I now have 2 Eevee Jungle stamp errors! The error has different variants. Does anyone have any ideas of how this occurred on just Eevee (and Butterfree) and how there are different sizes of the same shape?

2 Likes

@eeveeteam Now you just need this error :wink: Not sure if it has the 1st edition stamp or not but this card is beautiful

6 Likes

that makes me think i have drunk too much haha

2 Likes

Quick update - I decided to not chase every variant of this error. I have seen photos of atleast 5 different sizes and angles of the oval. You might be seeing a collection update from a forum member soon enough for what was my 2nd copy.

2 Likes

๐•จ๐• ๐•จ ๐•ค๐•  ๐•“๐•–๐•’๐•ฆ๐•ฅ๐•š๐•—๐•ฆ๐•

4 Likes

Eevee intensifies

2 Likes

calling it a โ€œDโ€ edition is a little bit wrong imo, its clearly a zero that has been printed on the 1st edition stamp, unlike the butterfree d edition, where its actually an ink bubble making it actually look like a โ€œdโ€
a more accurate name for it imo would be a โ€œ01โ€ edition eevee. its common, but its not actually a constant error per say

Yeah Iโ€™ve switched it to an oval stamp error for a little while now. Been used to seeing it called d stamp error

A CGC 7.5 of the stamp error sold for $400 last night.

I am not sure why CGC doesnโ€™t designate the error like they do for the Butterfree. I have documented several different examples and know of 5+ collectors who have a copy in their binder.

1 Like

I collect errors and I collect eeevee and eeveelutions, but I would never pay $400 for this card. That is insane.

4 Likes

Ditto!.. Thatโ€™s bizarre

I am thankful that I found a listing for a PSA 5 Eevee with this stamp error and the seller (COMC on eBay) did not list or price it as if it was the error version. So for $25 or so I got my copy. Whoever sent that in for consignment must not have known about the stamp error on it.

I do know of 2 other sales that were for $250 and $500. So surprisingly $400 is somewhat realistic.

Delusional to me, but Iโ€™m glad that people like their errors!

Comc is mainly a sports card platform and sports card field appreciates errors most of the time as a lot less than their actual counterparts, iโ€™ve usually had my miscut cards going through them described as โ€œbad cropโ€. So if one wants to hunt their platform can be a good place to find errors for cheap

1 Like