eBay Garbage

I swear, that’s just my son’s account I use to bid on things I don’t plan to pay for

4 Likes

In the guy’s defense, his son has good taste in cards.

2 Likes

I might have to make a dedicated thread for my monthly auctions. This round was rough with this type of nonsense:

19 Likes

:thinking:

This is specific to ebay UK’s user agreement but I’m sure US has something similar. Won’t make a difference as these people are shameless but this is what it says:

“you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item, or if you have the winning bid (or your bid is otherwise accepted);”

3 Likes

I think that is technically there as well. Ebay just does absolutely nothing at all about non paying buyers. If I were president of the world I would relocate all non-paying buyers to an island and they can transact with one another. :smirk:

17 Likes

what is the reason that this happens so much? They really just change their minds or are they trying to shill bid or something?

Window shopping
New buyer ignorance.
Being a d-bag
Shilling
Bidding on multiple cards and taking the best deal while bailing on the others.

2 Likes

Buyers remorse is the biggest reason. I’ve had people initially want to cancel, sleep on it and then pay. But most are like these message above and don’t pay.

6 Likes

Its definitely always interesting reading these posts out of curiosity does anyone ever just say im sorry i shouldn’t of bidded because i really cant afford it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not a religious person, but I like to believe that there is a special place in hell for eBay’s non-paying buyers.

4 Likes

A compilation of these would make a great video! It boggles the mind

6 Likes

It’s too bad eBay wouldn’t just charge a $25 fee to a buyer for not paying and another smaller fee for retracting a bid.

The fees could go directly to the seller and the buyer’s only recourse should be disputing it with eBay directly.

12 Likes

eBay should implement the same policy as pwcc and just ban non payers. Or implement some type of strike system

10 Likes

The scope of legality in this case only exists within the eBay marketplace. I would love to see eBay actually ban someone… Maybe it’s happened.

Like any contract, we all agree to eBay’s ‘laws’ and ‘penalties’, which I think we’d all agree should include being sacrificed to Kali.
:laughing: :smiling_imp: :heart_on_fire:

I think there is a strike system? If the seller is willing to wait it out a few days, I think they can file a non-paying buyer strike thing. I don’t think you can view how many strikes a buyer has, but I think there’s a filter in some setting to not allow non-paying buyers to bid on your items (or maybe non-paying buyers with a certain amount of strikes). And maybe some amount of strikes limits your bidding priveleges with Ebay? I’m not 100% sure about all this though.

There is a setting for sellers that if a buyer has 2 or more unpaid items in a 12 month period then you can block them from bidding. Nothing is preventing the user from just making a new account though. The block should be done by shipping address.

6 Likes

Yes I believe you’re right. You can prevent buyers who have 3 unpaid instances from bidding or buying on your products. I’m not sure how much it actually helps but they also limit the time range of the instances. I feel like the strikes should be permanent or at least give sellers the option that if someone has had 3 paid unpaid instance EVER they can’t buy/bid vs within a 90 day or 6 month period.

1 Like

Do I get an E4 discount? $1700 USD paypal lol. Will not bail.

Sounds good until you move into someone’s house where their son bid on Scott’s Delta Zard