eBay Garbage

Agreed with @xileets. The buyer is reading a previous auction history, not understanding that the numbers/letters are only there to identify bidders and not the actual account names.

7 Likes

Itā€™s also funny because he sends his message as if a seller can list an item but only allow folks to bid who have more than 0 feedback. How is that the sellerā€™s problem/fault?

4 Likes

Iā€™m annoyed with buyers quoting sales histories in general. I know what things sell for; we all have the same data. If I wanted to sell my cards at or below auction prices, I would put them up for auction. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

These are actually popular/meme-worthy in the TCG community. People use them as their actual VSTAR marker in game. The person who bought it probably wanted it quick before a regional or something.

ā€¦ but why would they need a PSA 10? Why not just buy an ungraded copy for cents?

How much feedback do you have, Dyl?

Personally, if I feel it is just a little high, and the seller might not be aware of that, Iā€™ll bring it up. Were it a long time seller with a clear sense of whatā€™s going on, Iā€™d assume they, like me, have their target in mind.

5 Likes

They offered 12k and sent an image of their details. Itā€™s a classic trap message where any response is a loss.

6 Likes

Even if I liked their offer, I wouldnā€™t sell to someone like that just out of principle :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

316 feedback on eBay

I think it is more about how you bring up sales history. When someone quotes me prices, itā€™s always in the most derogatory, combative way possible. I am definitely open to discourse and I always allow best offersā€¦ just not from rude, entitled buyers.

10 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me how completely and utterly nonchalant people on the internet are when it comes to burning bridges.

4 Likes

Human decency is hard to find on eBay, Instagram, Twitter, etc. :upside_down_face:

Almost all of my in-person trades/sales have been more enjoyable than my online ones.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. Iā€™m generally open to negotiation, but when the message is: are you a scalper or a TrUe CoLlEcToR?

Then proceeds to berate me for not selling to them for half of listing price isnā€™t exactly a positive experience.

1 Like

This is why PokĆ©mon shouldnā€™t be featured on the news or Youtubers talking about values in videos. Who wants to tell him his ā€œ1st editionā€ Eevee isnā€™t worth $200? Classic example of someone watching 1 video and thinking they found a gold mine in their closet.

3 Likes

At least it meets the listing price for Authenticity Guarantee :wink:

4 Likes

People?! There are no ā€œPeopleā€ on the internet. How can you tell? Well, haver you ever eaten with one?
:laughing: :robot:
Theyā€™re all machines.

1 Like

Anybody else lowballed by an account named ā€œcollectyourgrailsā€? Had to block them. Tried to buy multiple slabs off of me but offered much lower on each one . So dumb

1 Like

So after lots of messages from an ebay user they bought 4x 25th Anniversary Japanese boxes from me, a day later they were so excited that they bought another 2x clearing my available stock of them totalling hundreds of Ā£s.

Lots of enthusiastic messages telling me how to post it and if I had done it yet whilst I was at workā€¦

Then 2 hours after it was posted they changed their mind.

He said he just realised he couldnā€™t pull tHe ZaRd from the packs so the boxes are completely useless to him and he wants to return them.

Hopefully he actually sends the boxes back as they were sent. I know itā€™s an easy mistake to assume that the 25th classic collection comes in the boxes but itā€™s frustrating that ebay punishes us sellers for the incompetence of other people. Altogether the guy has sent over 20 messages which is a complete headache.

Had I been on the other side of this I would have either sucked up the loss or at least offered to pay the postage costs the seller had lost due to my mistake.

Although I really do wish the promo packs were sealed inside the 25th Anniversary boxes to avoid this confusion and to prevent people searching them with a light while they remain sealed

did he pay before you sent the items?!

I sold a card on ebay, it was sketchy from the beginning, but the card was only listed for $25 so I took the risk. The buyer had a 151 feedback score, but this was the first thing they bought in 1 year, kind of a red flag. They offer me $20 for the $25 card; another red flag. I accept their offer then they ask if they can pay using Zelle; yet another red flag. I tell them no and do the whole thing on ebay. They agree. After paying they message me asking me to change the shipping address; yet another red flag. I tell them I canā€™t. They say that itā€™s fine.

Today the card was delivered, low and behold. USPS sent them a clear plastic bag for items damaged during shipping, with my package neatly folded inside with no damage at all, just very neatly opened.

I was done with them and didnā€™t want to go through the trouble for a $25 card so I just sent them a refund and blocked them from my listings. Buyer was 11danielcastaneda in case anybody wants to add to their block list.

Lesson learned: Iā€™m a complete and utter fool and should stop for red flags. Also donā€™t respond to people who need to send you 16 messages for a $20 item.

I wish PSA could mark certs as stolen or void them for stuff like this. :unamused:

1 Like