E4 Pokemon VGC Tournament - Generation 3

@mrtz and I just played, I won 2-0

5 Likes

caughtatpoint :handshake: baton pass

Congrats on qualifying for top 8!

@mrtz Even if you passed the organizer baton to me, it was nice to have you compete again! Hope to see you in Gen 4!

4 Likes

I tried to rip up my team and start afresh but I found everything kept losing to SkarmBliss (:woozy_face:) so I ended up seeking comfort in my roots. I’ll try and come up with something spicier if I have time.

Surely the meta can be solved.

1 Like

my pleasure, i’ll be around for all the tournaments. youre doing a great job as organizer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

won 2-1 in an incredibly close series with @Will. hope to play again in gen 4!

game 1: [Gen 3] OU: mossdeepx vs. metapod is bae - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

game 2: [Gen 3] OU: metapod is bae vs. mossdeepx - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

game 3: [Gen 3] OU: mossdeepx vs. metapod is bae - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

6 Likes

Wow, really close games! Couldn’t have called who would’ve won this set before it started.

@mossdeep Amazing losers run and congrats on qualifying for Top 8, but now you face someone with an equally good losers run @wisewailmer. I have a feeling this set will come down to the wire too.

@Will Thanks again for competing! You played really well and I enjoyed seeing Armaldo make an appearance. Looking forward to seeing you in Gen 4 soon!

6 Likes

@dylan and I just played our matches. I won 2-0 but games felt they could’ve gone either way.

Game 1: [Gen 3] OU: dondonkun vs. NEC90hp6cyl2stroke - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

Game 2: [Gen 3] OU: NEC90hp6cyl2stroke vs. dondonkun - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

3 Likes

Good morning, everyone! There are still a number of matches we need to get through. I know the summer months can be a slower time but please try and schedule your matches as soon as possible!

Live Bracket

Winners
@cosrob vs @silversnorlax204

Losers
@vic vs @yamahap45
@wisewailmer vs @mossdeep

:pikasunglasses:

6 Likes

Our match is scheduled for friday 12pm Aest / Thursday 10pm Est

For anybody keen to watch live

3 Likes

@mossdeep
Are you free sometime today?

Very tough match! The third game I thought I lost the game, thanks Blissey!
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen3ou-2146403513

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen3ou-2146406889

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen3ou-2146409465

3 Likes

GG! Clutched out the third game. The bug needs glasses.

1 Like

Were you able to save the replays for games 1 & 2? The links you posted were to the rooms and didn’t save.

2nd Game: [Gen 3] OU: vice4 vs. IcePlusFire - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

Was able to get the 3rd game replay: [Gen 3] OU: vice4 vs. IcePlusFire - Replays - Pokémon Showdown!

1 Like

Wow that was actually down to the wire. Thought it was ggs against that Heracross but you had the luck of the gods not only dodging Megahorn but crit’ing with Ice Beam to solo with Blissey!

Incredible games on both sides. @vic thanks so much for competing and hope to see you again in Gen 4 (maybe karma will allow you to hit those Focus Blasts)!

@yamahap45 congrats on qualifying for Top 8! You play against @caughtatpoint now.

2 Likes

Now that we have our Top 8, I just noticed it’s evenly split between veteran and new competitors.

Team Old Guard
cosrob
DDK
mossdeep
caughtatpoint

Team New Challengers
yamahap45
dylan
silversnorlax204
wisewailmer

The crown is anyone’s to claim! :crown:

6 Likes

replied!

Yamahap45 and I just played, I won 2-0 with extremely lucky games :cherish_ball:

5 Likes

Awesome games, I see @caughtatpoint as a serious emerging threat!

3 Likes

RNG giveth and RNG taketh. Another clean win for the books!

@yamahap45, thanks for competing! You had some of the craziest luck-related moments in this entire tournament (rock slide flinches, megahorn miss, freezes). Looking forward to see what craziness you bring in Gen 4!

4 Likes