E4 Member Coop is being written by NPR and CNN! (UPDATE)

Dang! What a guy! :muscle: :metal:

2 Likes

Do you have extra funds to cover, or are you well off? Ive always wanted to do this, but I was always afraid Id go bankrupt. Thanks for being a shining star. Love your videos :sparkles:

3 Likes

In general, it doesnt take much 99% of the time. Doing it as a vendor in a show might be a bit more due to table costs but I keep my local area stocked with bulk cards and give out a decent amount through reddit from time to time. I donate to teachers, libraries, individual little free libraries, youth centers, after school programs, and clubs (like scouts). Pretty much anything with kids is where its appreciated and Ive been meaning on getting a booth together for local farmer markets and local festivals.

Anyways, I usually trade for the bulk. A modern $100 box will get about 10,000 cards in bulk. I also use bulk rates to trade for slabs and accessories so kids can get coins, pins, stickers, and cheap slabs. What costs me $100 can give an awesome moment to hundreds of others when they get a favorite pokemon. Better than selling to mystery box company or trashing the cards.

5 Likes

I remember staring at a base set unlimited machop that I was given as a kid and thinking I had made it…kids now love pokemon just like we did so it doesn’t matter what cards are given they are going to love it like we did when we were young. Always awesome to see so many giving people in the community!

6 Likes

Ha, loved the CGC 6.5 Sandshrew at the end of the CNN video after mentioning that special cards can go for 100s of thousands of dollars in a certain grade,

Congrats Coop. Well deserved.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I dont open too much product, but I dont mind giving my extras away.

2 Likes

I work a normal 9-5 during the week which lets me be more generous in the Pokemon hobby on the side

11 Likes

Do you travel to alot of these shows or live close enough for a lot of them?

1 Like

I’ve just been doing shows within an hour of Richmond, VA where I live. Mainly the https://www.tidewatercardsandcollectibles.com/2023-show-calendar

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I hope more and more people see your videos, and fellow present and future collectors follow in your footsteps.

2 Likes

Coop, you’re killing it, love to see it man

3 Likes

I watch your shorts and enjoy seeing the joy on people’s faces when you invariably offer them a free card. You’re doing great work and I’m happy to see you get the recognition you deserve!

3 Likes

Someone DM’d this to me, apparently a TV channel in Mexico

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9bCbcbsqDj/

11 Likes

Every day I check Coop’s YouTube subscribers. Idk why, it’s just part of my morning routine now and I love it

5 Likes

That’s a clever username! :pikasunglasses:

6 Likes

I have the inside scoop that Coop will both be on the front cover of Time magazine and top of the list of FBI’s Most Wanted both within the next 12 months.

Goodluck!

7 Likes

Please don’t leak Coop Scoops

5 Likes