E4 ART CONTEST 2024 Thread! (SUBMIT! ! !)

I found the pre announcement very helpful. If you consider that with the sign up an entry submission folks had almost 6 weeks to work on entry. That is a good chunk of time and I would not extend it. I imagine if you just stumble upon the thread it would seem short to submit, but really those stumbling individuals may be the anomaly.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t mind more time but don’t think it’s necessary. As stated it’s an annual event that everyone can plan for ahead of time. Additionally, everyone is aware of the timeline prior to signing up so unless there are significant numbers of people unable to finish on time I would leave it the same.

7 Likes

Last week of sign ups! Would love to see a few more contestants join, this year is looking a little slow in a couple categories.

While 3D is always one that has less than 10, we’ve never seen one with only 3, where all 3 automatically qualify for a prize :pikatongue:, so let’s see at least one or two more people think of trying it!

9 Likes

Ok I’m finally ready. Sign me up for childhood and recreation!

9 Likes

I think I will switch one of my categories to 3D! I will let you know in the next few days (after my busy wknd!) I have an idea in mind but want to sit down and think it through before I commit to it lol :sweat_smile:

ETA: I will probably switch my Original category to 3D, since I’m almost halfway done my Recreation entry haha.

11 Likes

Ill change my Original to 3D too

10 Likes

I’ll sign up for original but might not be able to make something if work gets busy. Would love to find the time though!

9 Likes

Been working on my doughnut… hasn’t gone well. I may be generationally impaired . I had a 3D idea. If only I could make it work. :joy:

9 Likes

Please put me down for child and original thank you!

11 Likes

Sign me up for original and recreation please!

11 Likes

Sign me up for original.

9 Likes

Please sign me up for recreation!

Been brainstorming for an idea, so many possibilities haha
season 9 the fish bowl GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

12 Likes

Sign me up for the original category. :saluting_face:

11 Likes

I would like to confirm my switch from Original to 3D.

I opened Gimp for the first time in 6 years, could hardly remember a single thing, and thought, yeah I think I can do this. :pikahappy:

9 Likes

Thank you pfm and lookaclara for making the 3D category which we love so much a little more competitive!

24 hours to sign up everyone! Any last minute stragglers? :pikaninja:

9 Likes

Competition is looking fierce!

9 Likes

da32d9af6ff0aac3e7c00abe98ac4dfbd8d3ed91_hq.gif.50f70c549543b29c442f5bca2568bcb1.gif

COME ONE AND ALL TO THE FINAL DAY UPON THE 22ND HOUR!!

THE FIRST DAY OF SUBMISSIONS FAST APPROACHES! GET YOUR POSTING FINGERS READY, FLICK YOUR BRUSHES DRY, RUB OFF THE CRAYON ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SLEEVES, AND REST YOUR EYES BUT ONLY FOR A MOMENT!

Gyarados Water GIF - Gyarados Water Waves - Discover & Share GIFs

~ It’s gonna be a blast ~

18 Likes

How did it happen again?! I thought I had more time! Time to buckle down and make my second submission happen.

Also I will continue to warn everyone that one of my submissions has viewing instructions and I cant be held liable for breaking your perceptions of art… or for eye strain.

I highly suggest that anyone who can even doodle on a post-it sign up. We’ve seen how beloved simple doodles can be on this site.

Good luck everyone on their pieces, even if it isnt perfect I suggest you turn something in since its all in good fun.

13 Likes

One piece I needed for a submission just came in a few days ago, so I’ll hopefully have enough time to do finishing touches this weekend. A little closer than I wanted to be with the deadline but still have a few days buffer.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!

11 Likes