Don't get scammed: Fake cards in fake PSA slabs

I’d say there are just as many issues with the case as there are with the card, but again I’m reluctant to list them. If you take a look at a similar-style PSA case (e.g. i.imgur.com/uKh77u6.png from PWCC’s auction archive) you’ll probably see quite a few discrepancies with this fake case.

1 Like

This just reiterates the fact that the bigger Pokemon gets, the more of this sort of nonsense we are going to see. The best thing we can do as collectors, as it always has been, is to educate yourself as much as possible. Just a shame for newer collectors who fall victim to it and it gives a bad image to what I have always found to be a great, inclusive, and welcoming hobby.

2 Likes

How to avoid getting scammed: only buy cards that nobody wants

8 Likes

One quick glance at that first screenshot, with the bitcoins raining down, and all the alarm bells went off. Sad to see this kind of stuff…

1 Like

Also missing the PSA logo embossed on the bottom corner.

3 Likes

I will not turn my back on the country that gave the world pizza

9 Likes

Was going to say the same thing. That’s always the first thing I look for.

1 Like

So I purchased a PSA 9 Shining Gyarados that doesn’t seem have the PSA logo in the bottom right corner…

It does on the reverse though. Would someone really fake case an unlimited Shining Gyarados?!

Hasn’t arrived yet, but this has me shook haha.

@unseenforces20 the PSA logo on the newer cases is a lot harder to see unless light is reflecting on it at a certain angle. I’m not sure why they made this change, but it doesn’t really help in the case of identifying fake slabs.

Here is my what recent unlimited e-Series 1 Pichu graded case looks like:

2 Likes

That case isn’t even a good fake.

It still stresses me out quite a lot that I don’t seem to have “the eye” for this. I really can’t see what’s wrong with the plastic. I can tell the card is bogus, but the case just looks like a normal slab to me and that sucks. I honestly want to buy a fake slab on Etsy to compare it side by side with mine, which I hate to do because I don’t want to give money to a grifter selling fake cases. But I also clearly have a long way to go with identifying fake slabs if other collectors can take a glance at this low res photo and instantly identify a low quality fake and I cannot.

The amount of disrespect in this thread for a country that was the reason for The Godfather existing is quite frankly shocking.

lol I know it sounds like “hate” and potentially racist with two e4 mods already commenting on the country of origin, but speaking as an Italian, they are absolutely right. Sellers IN ITALY (not Italians worldwide) have a bad stigma in the community right now because of the rampant amount of scamming that has been taking place over the past few years. It started with Ebay scams, worked it’s way to forums and facebook, and now they’re all over IG. It’s pretty embarassing for us Italians but it’s true. These dirtbags need to get back to flipping pizzas and making real money than ripping people off like some desperate, impoverished third-worlders. It’s to the point now that Italy is to Pokemon what India is to Unknown Number phone calls.

is there a Sellercountry thats considered very good?

Not italy

3 Likes

Oh, you mean that movie where a bunch of Italian people commit organized crime?

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Please don’t argue, its entirely disrespectful.

If you disagree, you will wake up with a horse head in your bed.

3 Likes

Hey everyone new here. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with the psa case embossed stamp being very faint to the eye and is visible with correct lighting. Bathroom light led light etc. i CAN feel the etching but in certain lighting it looks to be not there. Its in the 53 million cert also. Fairly newer cases.
imgur.com/a/D3tafKr

You bumped a thread that’s almost a year old.
Try posting in: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

1 Like