Discovering Saya Tsuruta's Illustration Easter Eggs

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s ever on the Pokemon though

1 Like

Everything is a Pokeball. Make it stop.

1 Like

Here? It has a clearly defined centre and a surrounding dark & light half 'n half

2 Likes

So far, the Poké Ball has always been in the background, never on the Pokémon itself. This is why cards for which Tsuruta did not have control over the background (like the Shiny Vault cards) don’t have a Poké Ball easter egg.

Unfortunately, it would appear the resolution of the image has rendered the Poké Ball near-illegible. There’s several spots that could be it - round + color separation / dividing line / center button - but they’re impossible to verify until we have the physical card in hand.

Out of all the spots it could be, I’ll plant my flag on this little mud glob;

1 Like

My guess is this one, looks similar to some previous ones specially the charmander card. but is just squished.

7 Likes

I just love how deeply this is being analyzed! It’s the most difficult one so far. All of their other pokeballs are more defined.

1 Like

I reckon it’s this

Zoom & enhance of all the spots I’m interested in;

Egg Zoom
Egg Zoom 2
Egg Zoom 3
Egg Zoom 4
Egg Zoom 5
Egg Zoom 6
Egg Zoom 7

My best guess

5 Likes

Don’t they trim down the artwork when they put it on the card? Isn’t there a chance that the hiding PokeBall was cropped out?

3 Likes

Tsuruta confirmed the ball is not within the Paldean Wooper card artwork window

13 Likes

I still love the effort put into trying to find the pokeball!

5 Likes

is awesome that she let us know. we were already going crazy looking for it :rofl: I guess this Paldean Wooper will be known as “the no balls Wooper” lol

1 Like

Bless him

Awesome to see how tuned in they can be with collectors

How could she do this to us.

:pensive:

The one that rolled away …

:pleading_face:

1 Like

Tsuruta is a woman.