Delightful Tyranitar's Shadowless PSA 9+ Set

Just got cards back from PSA, so thought I would unveil my Shadowless PSA 9 or better progress now.

12 Likes

Delightful. Now go catch an Alakazam and a Raichu!

@delightful Tyranitar Hey how’s it going? Very nice collection. I was wondering when you was going to show us your collection. :blush: Congratulations on your shadowless progress!

Have $1200 I can have?

2 Likes

awesome keep up the fun stuff! Waiting on my 1st ed submission. Once thats back im just missing 3 holos for a PSA8/9ish set. the wait though…

I sent in some 1st edition as well to cover the grading costs and they came back pretty well too for stuff sitting in a box for many years.

1 Like

Well I’m calling uncle on this set. The last two holos I needed doubled in price this week. Sigh

@pokeaddict84 this is indeed delightful. But yeah man the prices of shadowless shot through the roof this week. 1st ed’s basically got priced out so the world decided it is time to move onto shadowless. Like have you seen Blastoise recently? I can’t actually believe my eyes what people are asking for even 7’s!

Aw man, that would be such a shame, you are so close!

Is it financially unsmart/impossible for you to still complete the set, or do you just feel bad about paying more now, than you would have paid a little while ago, had you decided to buy them earlier?

If it’s the latter, don’t be too discouraged. I’ve learned myself the hard way: what might seem like “overpaying” now, could turn into “an amazing deal” in the near future. And even vice versa, assume the cards go down… you should be fine as long as your interest is genuine. And in this case, they are the last holos you need man, you’ll enjoy that set for years to come!

Of course I can’t speak for your financial situation, so if it’s for those reasons, please ignore my comment, no offense is intended!

Take care.

Yeah at this point alakazam alone is more than I paid for blastoise and venusaur combined. It will probably cost me over $4k to finish the last 10 or so cards I need, which for me is sort of an irresponsible amount to spend. My overall cost basis is <$9k on a nearly complete set. I guess I should be happy with what I was able to get done and move on.

1 Like

Why not just widen your time horizon on completing the set? If you truly want the complete set whats stopping this from being a goal that can be completed 5 years from now?

There really isn’t a long-term time horizon anymore on this set it looks like. It’s buy now or be rich. The ninetails just hit $3000 and that was $150 in May.

The Ninetales on PWCC hitting 3k is actually a No Damage, which PSA must have missed. That has to be the reason for its price.

Thanks that makes sense. I didn’t open the auction to see, just glanced at what was listed.

Yup, there is one up for $750 buy it now

Wow… These are beautiful! Congratulations!

Very difficult goal to achieve these days, hope you get there in time before they are truly out of reach!

The deed is done! Literally just missing Bulbasaur now. Thankfully the market stabilized long enough for me to get the funds together to buy the last 2 holos.

6 Likes