Damaged card at Ludkins/PSA

Hi All,

I need some advice. I recently got a card back that I sent to Ludkins UK for grading Via the Platinum Service that they offer (£41) fee.

The card when it was initially sent to Ludkins UK was given a pre screen grade of a Psa 8 and was in a very decent state but its be returned 1) damaged 2) an obvious Psa 7 because of the damage.

Ive contacted Ludkins and their response has been quite painful and embarrassing as they’e washed their hands of it blaming PSA. All Ludkins say they can do is offer a fee refund which is £41 and have said I should use a microfibre cloth to on the case to buff the light scratches :slightly_frowning_face: (how can I buff scratches and marks on a card thats been encased?!)
Im actually kind of stunned by their response emails too, totally evasive and dismissive.

From what I gather they should offer me a refund between a PSA 8 & 7?

As extra evidence of PSA damaging my card there is no wayyy that Ludkins would give this card a prescreen of an 8 if it had holo damage like this.

Is is normal for Ludkins UK to wash their hands after a customers card has been damaged? Anyone else experienced this? Ive got like another 100 cards with them and am pretty scared they’re going to come back damaged too :slightly_frowning_face:

Any advice anyone has that can help me fix this situation would be appreciated.

Ive attached images of the card raw and then graded.

i.imgur.com/Z7I6gKA.jpg
i.imgur.com/CU1qON4.jpg
i.imgur.com/fuY7inn.jpg
i.imgur.com/GyZNUZA.jpg

PSA don’t hand over cash very easily for these types of situations, and the amount of effort Ludkins would need to put in to get you compensated the cash difference between a 7 and 8 would not be worth it. I think Ludkins offer of the £41 is very generous.

1 Like

I don’t think Ludkins damaged your card, its more likely PSA. The PSA 8 Ludkins said to you is ESTIMATE and not 100% fact even tho they have very good track record for predicting possible grade, also it would be helpful if you posted pre grading photos so we could see what the situation was before grading. Sorry to hear that the card was damaged but I wouldn’t personally blame Ludkins for it.

E: lol im retarted and didnt register that there was pregrade photo

First, questions like this must be posted here: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

Second, as has been pointed out, prescreen grades are estimates. For a card to be one grade off of the Ludkins estimate is quite common as professional grading is subjective. It is well-known that PSA will (very rarely) damage cards and their compensation process for it is very bad. I certainly don’t think Ludkins is responsible for compensating you. A refund of the grading fee is more than I would expect.

1 Like