Cyberurchin’s Dialga Collection

So recently I decided to collect one of new favorite Pokémon, Dialga. The master of time, 1/3 of the Creation trio, box legend of Pokémon Diamond version. I love Dialga’s design and power and color palette and so much more so I’m excited to collect his cards.

Cool thing about Dialga is that he’s got a variety of rarities, holos, and rare cards/cameos. I will be collecting Japanese predominately and will applying my collection towards the PSA Dialga Master set! I may go for the English cards later but we will see.

Anyways, without further ado, here are the entries so far.

26 Likes

That half deck holo pattern with the crescent moons looks sweet! I haven’t played any the 4th generation games, so I don’t know too much of the lore, but Dialga has had some pretty cool cards gameplay-wise, centering around his time theme and allowing the player to take two turns in a row.

Curious to know what you of Origin Form Dialga?

2 Likes

Great start to your collection! Dialga has some pretty cool artwork across many sets. Which is your favorite?

I think mine would be the DP49 Black Star Promo.

4 Likes

Very nice collection post. Looking forward to see it grow and progress.

Besides the battle road stadium card which features both, Dialga and Palkia, my favorite is the 074/L-P promo for the shiny version of the card.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Love to see it! I hope for the best in your hunt! What is the grail dialga you’re looking for? If you’re willing to share.

1 Like

For sure! Such a cool Pokémon. I have grown to really love Origin Forme Dialga lately! Sleek angular design, looks no t menacing but also more omniscient looking in a sense? It took me a minute but I’ve come around on the design

1 Like

Pokémon Diamond was my first Pokémon game that I got right at launch, so dialga is always one of my favourites and I was always excited to pull one as a kid.
This is by far my favourite dialga card though and was one of my favourite arts before I ever had appreciation for the art within Pokémon cards

3 Likes

This is what I call pure heat my man, gj on the collection and I cant eait to see how it grows. Dialga is a great mon to collect

1 Like

Thanks so much! I agree, I love all 4 of his lv.x cards and the ADP appearances. I also really like the Himeno one you showed here. That’s a tough one, I’d have to say currently that my favorite is my Play Promo Dialga, but I also really love this Lv.X right here:

5 Likes

I’ve put the Miracle Diamond out of my mind because it’s WAY too expensive haha but I would say the JP Championship Arena from 2006 Autumn Battle Road. It’s very rare and has a cool release story and some great 3D art to boot. They run about $1000+ though which is difficult to reach

Thats a really good one! What is the release story? I only know the bare bones its was awarded at Battle Roads

Thanks Amwolf! I’m looking forward to seeing the growth, so far the corner is looking might fine

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see your dalga collection grow!

– Fellow Dialga enthusiast

3 Likes

It was awarded at the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Battle Festa 2006.

It was 3 stages of competition.

• 1st Stage - Players who win two consecutive battles advances to the next 2nd stage.

• 2nd Stage - The stipulation for this one is that players have to win three games in a row. Players who have won 3 consecutive matches can advance to the last final stage.

• 3rd and final stage - For the final stage, players have to battle PCLs (researchers at the Pokemon Card Research Institute)! If you win the match against PCL in the final stage, you will clear the final stage and will be awarded with the card.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Besides the Miracle Diamond, there is also the 2007 Champions League elite 4 promo prize card which is extremely rare as well and features both Palkia and Dialga. The championship arena should be possible to acquire even though they are pricey. But the former 2 cards barely surface. I personally have never seen the 2007 Champions League card for sale.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Ahh thanks. So it was a battle festa not road, neat

Yeah these are wild, I admire them from afar and applaud those who have acquired them! Not for me haha

1 Like

I like Dialga’s design better than Palkia’s Origin Form, but I still need to warm up to it a bit. The Origin Form Dialga V alternate art is a beauty though!

Looking forward to seeing the collection grow!

3 Likes

Great choice for a collection, there really is an endless amount of good Dialga (and Palkia) art - is that half deck art Japanese exclusive? I’ve never seen that before, it’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

No it was also in Platinum!

1 Like