Customs/Import Fees for your Country

It’s literally the ONLY thing good about auspost, lolol.

1 Like

For now…

3 Likes

Yes. Come mid 2017, Australia will be in the same boat.

2 Likes

The Sad Boat.

2 Likes

The only boat we need to worry about stopping
:wink:

2 Likes

At a risk of getting political.

Its a stab at the Australian government, current and past (but particularly our recently dismissed PM).

Basically Australia is full of idiots who believe that asylum seekers will steal our jobs. So the best option is to either detain them in camps - which is illegal according to WHO and was also declared illegal by the Papua Niugini government.
Or
Turn their already inadequate, almost un-sailable boats around (“operation sovereign borders”) which is basically a death sentence to those poor immigrants

• can’t come to Australia
  • can’t go home because they’ve left to protect their families (many are facing prison or execution)
  • stuck in the ocean on a crappy boat.

So yeah, for a while now, the catch cry of politicians in Australia has been “stop the boats”.

Long story short. Australia is a beautiful amazing country with everything it could possibly need (except good postage) that will forever be held back by idiotic politicians and the media who have their head shoved so far up their arses they forgot what there job actually entails

Not getting political though

1 Like

That’s an interesting way of spelling Papua New Guinea.

iPhone spell check, I swear it wasn’t me!

1 Like

Here in Poland we have to pay additional 23% value of the package + some other small fees.
So far it’s like this: package is marked at $50 and I have to pay additional 50PLN which is about $13 :confused: The worst thing is that when package is held by customs I have to wait additional 10 days. It’s great, especially when I pay a lot of money for EMS so it can get here fast.

But it’s mostly a lottery. SAL/SAL PARCEL/AIRMAIL(without tracking) packages doesn’t get hit by custom fees (or it happens very rarely), all EMS/AIRMAIL with tracking packages are usually held by customs and there’re additional fees (if package’s value is over $50)

Few days ago I received two SAL parcel packages, each weight 3kg and were valued at $100 and $110 and there were no custom fees.

EDIT: I’m talking only about stuff from Japan. I use middleman service to get stuff from US and I never had to pay any custom fees because I can mark my packages at any value I want which works great in this case.

can i just post more of this…

1 Like

Actually “home to most of the good stuff to begin with” is Japan.

1 Like

Ah ok hahah, thats my bad :blush:
Can’t answer that question for you haha

Lucky for me I collect English only. Have made an Aquapolis box booster buy from Europe and in the middle of buying a box from China and a box from Croatia. Risky-ish buys but protected through paypal/eBay and the users have multiple recent Pokemon related feedback.

Everything other than those 3 buys I have gotten from the US. May get aboard the Japanese train at some point, but I have avoided it thus far. English has kept me plenty busy.

1 Like

It costs about 32.00 to ship a Small flat rate box from USA to Australia.
It costs about 6.00 to ship a priority box 4 times bigger from Nevada to California.

From 1999 on, huge lots of Japanese promos came to the US. I had the most connected, biggest dealers of these cards sending everything to us over here cause this was where they could maximize their profits.
I should add that they were amongst the most honorable people I’ve ever dealt with.

1 Like