Cracked Kakuna's Ongoing Pokemon Card Adventure

Hey all, I started collecting a few of months ago. I work in the fitness industry, and got a bit bored of the whole culture of it and had to find another hobby to not go crazy. So, after buying a blister pack at Walmart and pulling a Charizard GX, I got hooked. I opened up a 1st Edition Base Set Booster Pack about 2 months ago, and pulled a Glurak (Charizard). I just got it back from PSA yesterday. I have more cards that I plan on getting graded, but I feel this one is fitting for a first post.

Wish it were a 10, but it was sitting in a pack for ~18 years, so I can’t complain one bit. I don’t think I’ll ever get a better pull.

14 Likes

Awesome! Great story too. Looking to finally crack some packs in the next few days to get that rush again.

-Matthew

2 Likes

Awesome to pull a 1st edition base charizard from a pack especially if it was just a loose pack brought on ebay. Most are weighed so the chances of pulling a holo are low! Good luck with your collecting :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! I actually found this at a store in Pasadena. There were 5, and they were going for $50 each! Sounded better than the $1500 English one lol.
I have another round of cards I plan on sending to PSA, I have another card from Beckett I will post here soon as well.

1 Like

thats one awesome pull bro :grin: look forward to seeing the others when they get graded :grin:!

1 Like

Alright, I know PSA is better for grading cards, but I decided to try Beckett out. Here is my Rainbow Rare Mewtwo GX from Shining Legends. I have 2 of these, the one that isn’t graded would probably get a PSA 8-9 so I won’t even bother sending it to get graded.

I love Mewtwo so having a graded version of it is nice.

2 Likes

Love Kabutops :heart_eyes:

5 Likes