COMPLETE PSA 10 Quick Starter Gift Holo Set! (Pg.2; 4/2/15)

I suppose I’ll start off with a set that I’ve had finished for a long time. I’d like to go for 10s across the board eventually but it can’t happen anytime soon unfortunately. For now, this set is complete to me.
Enjoy the nostalgia!

Now for the BIG accomplishment! A PSA 10 1st edition Neo Shining Set! I’ve wanted this set for a long time! This was 2-3 years in the making for me and may be my biggest accomplishment. I was able to grade 6/10 on my own. The rest of the cards were purchased from friends and members here. Thanks to anyone who helped me get these!
Collecting dreams do come true! Hard work and patience pays off!

So that’s all I’ve got for now. Other sets are very near completion so I’ll have those posted when I can! Thanks for taking the time to read this :blush:

11 Likes

That Neo Shining Set is hella nice! CONGRATZ! :blush:

1 Like

Nice! And in English too! That’s a really impressive accomplishment, well done.

1 Like

Nice sets,hope to have a psa 9/10 shadowless set myself one day:-)

1 Like

All them 1st ed. Neo Shinings look so good in same picture. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Absolute bangers

So awesome!! :blush:
looks amazing!!

Do you know what the value would be for that shining 1st edition lot currently?

2k - 2.5k

2 Likes

Chiming in just to say this is accurate.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It does have some value that’s for sure. However, I don’t plan on selling them ever. I may have them mounted but I haven’t decided exactly how I want to do it.

1 Like

A true collector!

Like this?

@gemmintpokemon @funmonkey54 @soulwind

2 Likes

damn. that takes presentation to a whole new level.

That is amazing. I’ve researched something like this for awhile. The final result here has an aesthetically pleasing vibe. The lighting, frame, and individual card cases within tie everything together.

There are a few concerns:

-The cards are in direct contact with the sunlight all day. I would not place them in a room with such open lighting as the cards would fade over time.
-The skylight also provides quick access. I’d want to at least challenge potential burglers.
-I don’t know what lights are here. Something from an art gallery would be must.

Perhaps the glass on the cases has UV protection. That would solve some concerns. I would cover the cards with a curtain, or a sliding wall regardless. Sunlight still worries me.

Still an unquestionably beautiful display.

That is an absolutely awesome display. Unfortunately, it would never work for me because I have so many other framed Pokemon items. :wink:

Seriously one of the coolest displays I have seen. I’d be concerned about the light. Do you have a solution?

#Inspired

All of my items are framed with museum glass. That should work fine for something like this.

Awesome display @thorgene !
Since most of the sets I want to mount are smaller (10 or fewer cards) I would like to include a background. For instance, I would have the Neo 4 box art as the background for the shining cards. The thing is I haven’t decided on appropriate artwork for each one. I’m leaning towards custom artwork though. It’s just an idea but I’d like to bring it together sometime this year.

I should clarify that this doesn’t belong to me. My collection sits in a collector box. I would like the idea of framing my cards as well. The artwork around the frames might be a little over the top for my taste, but I see what your trying to accomplish. Ideally the glass would have to be made UV proof and even then I would still keep it out of direct sunlight something like @gemmintpokemon was stating. There was a bloke on youtube who made a video of his framed collection. see below

1 Like

Plus my gf wouldn’t invite her friends over to my condo anymore :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes