Collection thread - FAKE signatures!? What the FAX is this‼️

I’ve been meaning to make one of these for a while, but only just got around to it. Unfortunately my collection aims seem to change every time there’s a week in the month, but hopefully that should mean there’s a sprinkle of something different every now and then.

I bought these boxes/packs a few years ago. In my rambunctious youth I didn’t realise that just stacking them on top of each other could be a bad thing, so they are definitely less than pristine. That said, I’m glad I picked them up when I did; I haven’t seen a Clash at the Summit box in yonks.

I have managed to collect most of the ADV/PCG era packs, but I’m missing Sandstorm, Magma/Aqua, Clash of the Blue Sky, Holon Research Tower, and the World Champions Pack (luckily I’ve got a Mirage Forest pack on the way). I’m not overly fussed about completing the set, but I might try and pick up one or two of those when I can.

I also picked these up recently. I don’t play the TCG (at all. My career started and ended with the Play it! V2 CD - completed it mate), but absolutely love the Worlds playmats. Vancouver 2013 is still sealed, but I am really considering opening it.

43 Likes

Nice additions, there are acrylic cases where you can seal the boxes so you can also stack them or build a fort

3 Likes

Cool artworks on those boxes :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been trying to find some that are a good fit for these boxes, but they all seem a bit too small or way too big. I might just get some cheap storage boxes.

I dont think they fit in japanese boxes, or are they made in custom sizes?

Beautiful! Are the Legend boxes 1st edition?

Thank you! They are - you would know better than me, but did they print any in unlimited?

Custom would be a good shout. Surely they can’t be that expensive

I think they are custom made so you can specify the size

1 Like

That Regirock/ice/steel pack artwork is so cool :blush:

1 Like

I’d never properly looked at it until I was taking this picture :face_with_spiral_eyes: I always thought it was really ordinary, but there are actually some really nice details

Super excited to see what more you have in store for us down the line. I love japanese sealed product! Great collection :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I own a L3 booster pack in unlimited but so far I have never seen a box in unlimited so I was hoping these were the first ones! Regardless they are amazing and I agree, that artwork is stunning!

1 Like

That 2003-2008 japanese pack artwork is just so solid. I’m shocked there isn’t more interest in collecting complete sets of the booster packs.

3 Likes

So most of these I’ve had for a while but only got around to grading recently (relatively speaking). The Carddass however I picked up a couple of weeks ago on YJA. I had a PSA 10 copy some years ago, but this is cleaner than that. It won’t get a 10 due to centering, but I don’t mind because it just looks so nice.

Just a fun card.

In each of us, two natures are at war…

At some point I meant to upgrade this gold star but it looks so good that it’s hard to justify. There’s a fairly heavy bend in one of the corners, but you can’t really see it. I have another one that also has a decent bend, but the centering is better so maybe that can take its place. Eye appeal!

I don’t really know why, but I love these Champion Road promos. Something about the subtle gold star sets it apart. Probably similar to how certain watches can have minor details that have significant meaning behind them.

There used to be a Cyndaquil on ebay that had the foil somewhere random on the card… that was cool

I’m really into postcards at the moment. In my opinion they’re a great way to get unique (or even the same) artwork (the Neo Rev postcards are the entire image used for several cards) and I’m not constantly wondering if I should pick up the cards because if I do then do I get first edition or do they have to be graded or what if they’re damaged haha yeah never mind maybe later haha… jk… unless?

The sealed pack has a few others in and will be opened at some point, but I’ll try to wait for the opportune moment.

I also bought the postcards with the Scream promo art. I was lucky to buy the cards when they came out, and just assumed they’d all grade 10 (I didn’t even properly look at them until I sent them for grading) because New Japanese Promo but shoutout to Psyduck for getting a 9 and ruining the sequence. Although it’s barely any more off-centre than the Mimikyu, so maybe I got unlucky (or lucky!)

6 Likes

Awesome collection!

1 Like

Love that ex dragon artwork! I’ve had a deck box since I was a kid with that art on it

1 Like

I always wanted to put this sort of thing together, it’s inexpensive and allows you to showcase the artwork more easily than the cards do. I had hoped that the borders of the opening would be the same dark blue, as I was trying to get the artwork to feel like it’s one continuous piece, so I might have to colour that in or something, but otherwise I’m really happy with how this turned out!

I’m also trying to figure out a way to organise the other postcards into a frame, but I might just go for several smaller frames instead… not since Sophie’s choice has there been a dilemma with more at stake…

11 Likes

Awesome… Is that an 1st edition Clash at the Summit box or unlimited? How much does it go for? I’ve been looking for an unlimited reverse Psyduck from that set for months and it’s just very hard to find it. I’d be willing to buy some packs but I guess you’d like to keep it sealed and keep it in your collection.

Cheers,
Stef

Thank you :blush: Yes, it is first editon. There was a discussion a little while ago about unlimited L3 packs. Basically, no one can remember ever seeing an unlmiited box, though an unlimited pack did sell a few months ago on ebay. I believe a member here bought it.

You would guess correctly :stuck_out_tongue: . Packs pop up now and then, but I haven’t seen a box in years (though beyond a saved ebay search I haven’t been looking). Actual value would probably be quite low relative to other boxes. There really aren’t any cards in the set which aren’t available for a cheap price, so the box itself is the value, and most people probably don’t care about that.

1 Like