Collection of PrimalLugia [Vivid Voltage Lugias Update]

Hi, it is my first ever time here at E4. Also my first comment here.

I am a Dutch collector and a big fan of Lugia cards and i am trying to collect them as much as my budget allows to.

I will post my collection here, sometimes you won’t see Lugia cards but other beautiful cards that deserve a little spotlight :blush:

Let’s start off with the complete language collection of Shining Lugia, completed in March 2018.

With complete language guide for reference:

Most cards were not too hard to import, but the Portuguese card was one hell of a journey to collect.

I had to import it from Brazil since they print all of their new Portuguese sets are printed in that country. Card shops were hard to communicate with, also very high prices with shipping. Luckily i found very friendly contacts in Argentina who were able to help me out very much!

I hope you enjoyed this little guide :blush:

18 Likes

Great to see you on efour dude! Looking forward to seeing the collection grow! :blush:

Thank you very much man! Nice to see you here too!! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! It’s always great to see other collectors going for all language variations of a specific Pokémon or card. And as a fellow Dutch man I can relate to the (Brazilian) Portuguese cards. I remember searching for a Brazilian contact for three quarters of a year before I finally found the Brazilian contact I have now. He’s been an awesome help, because in just two months I went from 15% to 100% of all Portuguese cards I still needed (about 30 Portuguese cards in total for Pikachu, Seviper, and Mimikyu), and he also helped me with new releases since. :grin:

Looking forward seeing the rest of your Lugia collection. Enjoy your stay!

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Hey first of all thank you and apologies for my very late reply! I don’t visit here much haha. Dutch represent !! :wink:

It’s great establishing contacts/friends from all over the world! You meet and learn amazing people that share the same passion with you! That is very fun with this hobby!

I recently completed my Russian Lugia collection and boy obtaining the full art was a huge pain!!! One contact asked all of the collectors if people sold Russian XY7 Lugia EX Full art. Nobody did!!!

And another Russian friend i knew happened to buy some Ancient Origins boxes dumped for like €20 a box by nintendo russia (they have stopped TCG completely there because of corruption and etc.) And she pulled one Lugia EX and sold it to me because i mentioned i wanted it for a long time.

The Russian market is so closed! But here the pictures:

Maybe i should share more of my collection in the future, but these cards are surely one of the weirdest Lugia cards i own haha. :grin:

Also i ordered Korean SM8 Lugia GX SR;

It’s amazing to see the texturing of that card, because it’s like a mix between Japanese and English texturing, which is very cool!

Here is a little gif comparing the texturing;

(F5 the image, i did not loop it)

5 Likes

I love the Russian cards and the Korean cards, they just have such a unique aesthetic to them - even little things like the Russian card having huge set numbers. The Korean cards look so great in person too, that full art looks amazing!

Good luck with continuing to grow your collection :blush:

Here’s a version of your comparison that loops. :slight_smile:

https://i.imgur.com/4nUn3zb.gif

2 Likes

I agree! Especially the russian cards are so obscure, i love the russian font, it gives a very unique look to it! The korean full arts have alot of these print lines on them, i recently just noticed that on some cards. And it’s very common to see (look closely on the korean lugia gx full art). And thank you!! :blush:

Look at the ancient trait border of gyarados haha! i laughed hard when i saw gyarados his face like cut off because of the bigger border :rofl:

@megazone, thank you haha!

4 Likes

While i am back at E4 again, might aswell update this thread haha!

I collected alot of cards within 1 year. Besides my ever growing Lugia collection (updated my Shining Lugia collection with Thai Shining Lugia too)!

Earlier this year i completed my Tomokazu Komiya binder. 1 of every card released so far of him I have collected in 1 binder. I am only missing 1 jumbo and that is New Year Present. It’s tough to get.

Also I am missing the Chicago 09 stamped Munchlax, that one is simply out of reach for me. And lastly I am missing WEB Machamp. Also some small luxury things i still don’t have are the toys r us ponyta and the pokemon center stamped cyndaquil. But these cards have low priority.

Also included some Russian language XY cards, which are quite cool to see.

I have sproken with Komiya-san quite a few times and it was fantastic. He is a great guy who clearly enjoys his work. It’s even more fun when he explains the secret stories behind his illustrations :grin: .

I am planning to reverse every card if possible up to te EX Era, but that has low priority. The fun part is that alot of these cards were just from trading at Pokemon League and other collectors online. Actually the last card I needed, was provided by a friend at my local Pokemon League i organize haha. Made some good friends online on the way too. Got in touch with some nice Komiya collectors.

Some cards i did just buy for convenience sake. But the fun part of this collection is that Komiya cards are not too expensive. I also have a full binder full of spares of Komiya cards. That is what you get from trading with others haha. It’s sometimes hard to see some cards being as nice as they are to be left out in the actual binder.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHbuc3_uqRc

The difficult things to obtain for a decent price and shape;

Masuda’s Psyduck
Masaki Machamp
Janine VS Cards
Touch Generation Exchange

Meiji Phanpy sealed
Pokemon Card Fan
Korean language Snorlax & Eevee GX

6 Likes

I am extremely jealous of your Komiya binder and the fact that you have spoken with him and had the opportunity to learn about his process!! Both are amazing accomplishments. And thanks for making a binder video. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! i appreciate it!

Yeah I am very happy i could talk to him that way, it was out of his own interest too!

2 Likes

Those Russian cards are gorgeous!

1 Like

Acquired some crystal beauties recently.

Took a little gamble at Mercari, but the description sounded very good. And the seller was right, it is spotless. I’m that that JP Lugia will score a 9/10. 100%.

I got the PSA 9 lugia this week from another (big) collector who lives 5min from my home :wink: Considering there is no shipping fees and waiting times, I couldn’t resist it. Bought a Crystal Celebi from him too. I don’t think a 9 Crystal Lugia isn’t a shame to have. My preferred language for collecting is Japanese. So i am happy to have a 9 Lugia.

Next focus:

Thai Lugia GX!!! Luckily i found a Thai card shop a while back while importing thai Lugia cards before!

:wink:

4 Likes

I had many collection additions the past 6 months.

Recently completed Shining Lugia World Collection again. I think Hong Kong / Taiwan could release Shining Lugia in their future sets too. I am preparing for that moment too! I really think Thai / Indonesian Shining cards are something else! The holo border is absolutely insane! Plus it’s the exact same texturing as the Japanese version aswell (same print factory).

I thought it was nice sharing again including updated reference sheet!

Thank you for looking again! :wink:

1 Like

Nice little update @primallugia! There aren’t a lot of people going for all languages like us, so it’s great seeing collections like this. :blush: Keep up the great work!

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

This is so awesome; thanks for making this for him! So to the OP… Out of all these variants/ versions of this card; which do you prefer and or like the best?

2 Likes

Thank you very much @quuador :wink: I think collecting different languages is very fun, you get our of your comfort zone to meet other people/cardshops from different countries if you import these.

luckily for me this time, I did not had to search for Indonesian cards myself this time. Sora (S_O_Resistance) helped me this time. We helped each other on completing this together! It’s a very nice feeling to finally recieve that card! Makes collecting so much more fun!

He is probably with me, the only ones who have every language of Shining Lugia. I hope it will be as easy for Hong Kong / Taiwan in the future!!

I will probably complete Lugia GX Full art in the upcoming months. I only need French, German, Italian and Spanish. Cards I don’t have a huge rush for. I have the most difficult cards already. Sora-san has completed that collection, I am glad i could help him out with these aswell :wink: It was quite difficult to get a French Lugia GX Full art at launch for the right price.

1 Like

Japanese without a doubt!

Is that the 2nd one/ Middle cycling one?

@primallugia, You need the japanese GB lugia. I love that card!