Collection #000 - GRENINJA GOLD STAR

Not too long ago I got back to collecting Pokémon cards, or should I say I bought a Base Set Charizard about a year ago. After that purchase I began buying booster packs such as legendary treasures,XY base,Flashfire, Furious Fists, Phantom Forces, Primal Clash, and until now Roaring Skies. I pulled countless awesome cards, all kinds, full arts, Megas, Primals, EX’s, all kinds of holos. But something was missing, no matter how great the card might have been they just didn’t give me the same feeling this base set Charizard does. I began research online for what I truly desired, which was the Original 151. I sought after the Base, Jungle, and Fossil cards. As my searches revealed those old cards I once had but never complete sets of, the nostalgia felt so blissful. So I ordered all the commons, then uncommons and then holos. But I wanted them to last forever this time, so I bought penny sleeves, toploaders, and a toploader binder! So now I’m almost done, needing less than 30 cards to finally completing this goal,and it feels awesome, I can’t wait to have that peace of mind once and for all!

┻̵̡̲̖̹̼̟̣̺̰̤̥̐̀̀̌̋̉̽͛̈͂̌͑̕͝͝▂̸̨̨̤̯̟̯͖͈͉̮͈͖̺͕̥̬̟͕̞͒͛̂͌̔̅̒̿̀̋̿̐̉̋̈́̕͝͠ ̵̢̨̣̬̯̻̼̥̼̯̬͔̺̖͕͗̋̕̕͜ ̴̢̮̩̱͎̟͍̔̚’̶͉͈̯͖̩̟͕̩̖͕͈͈̺̱̀̌̓͛̎̍̅̐̎̅͛M̷̙̥̲̞̜̽̊͋͐́̒̎͝ ̷̧̧̨̬̘̦̩̠̭̠̳̠̠͎͚̥̻͉̖̒͑̈́͒̏̊̒͗̐̔̐̌̌͑̓͌͘̕͠ˡ̴̡̦̗̗̲̉̾̋̈̈́̚͘͝:̶̧̳̤̤̰̠͗͌̑̎̓̈̽̑̔͝:̵͓͎̆͛̌̈̃̌̿̂̓̈̑̿̓̋̄̀͗͜.̶̡͇̻̻͙̪̯̹̪͙̦̱̺͌̑͊́̑̊́͋̎́͘‧̸͈̰̜̈́̓̂̏ͅ

10 Likes

Wtf there are followed binders! I need.

Awesome collection goal mate! Good job on the preservation of the cards and good luck on the remaining 30 cards mate!

1 Like

Thank you Suh :grin:

1 Like

Which ones do you still need?

I need 29, Mind you I have some but they are either Base 2 or 1st Edition and my goal is to have all unlimited. I feel like they look more complete.
I need:
Alakazam
Blastoise I have it Base 2
Chansey
Charizard I have it PSA Graded
Clefairy
Hitmonchan
Magneton
Venusaur
Dragonair
Electrode
Haunter
Clefable
Mr.Mime
Pinsir
Vaporeon
Venomoth
Vileplume
Wigglytuff
Ditto
Dragonite
Gengar
Hitmonlee
Hypno
Kabutops
Muk

Arcanine I have it Base 2
Tauros I have it 1st Edition
Paras I have it 1st Edition
Pikachu -Red Cheeks- it doesn’t make sense that the yellow cheeks is the corrected one… I have it 1st edition

Yeah those top-loader binders are real nice

Hey everyone, I’m here to update you guys! I recently got a couple more cards (mostly holos) base, jungle & fossil.
I know that by now most of you are done collecting these but it doesn’t hurt to show off, with these finally in my hands I currently only need;

Base:
Blastoise
Chansey
Venusaur

Jungle:
Clefable
Pinsir
Wigglytuff

Fossil:
Ditto
Dragonite
Gengar
Haunter
Moltres

im so close to completing this goal!!
any way, without further a do…

4 Likes

Nice, Keep going almost there.

1 Like

UPDATE: July 27th

I recently recieved a 47 card order all minty except for a Double Colorless Energy.
putting me at 127/151 out of my Kanto PokéDex File.
I managed to get all the Trainer Cards once and for all.

I got the Magneton, Raichu and Zapdos variant as well. I never knew that the Zapdos even though it’s not base set 2 it came with the Galaxy type holo pattern. I don’t know how I feel about that, since I wanted the star type holo pattern on my cards. I put the Base Set Zapdos in my file though, I just bought the variants because I’m going to complete the Base, Jungle, and Fossil sets while I’m at it.

Your organisation is great :wink:

1 Like

Thanks oz.

I was doing the same thing to keep my cards organized, but then I just found THIS which I’ve really enjoyed using. It’s a Excel spreadsheet for almost every set.

2 Likes

That list is way cooler colours, thanks!

UPDATE: August 8
Kanto PokéDex Project (146/150)

Didn’t get 5 1st edition Charizards. But I did manage to visit a local card shop called The Gaming Goat. They specialize in MTG cards but have a nice selection of Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon cards. It’s like my underground place to buy my cards now. My wife and I got some pretty decent and near mint cards (she bought me some out of love :grin:). My wife purchased an awesome Stormfront Holo Charizard and a Jungle Holo Snorlax.

I purchased:

Base Set-
Blastoise
Chansey
Venusaur

Jungle-
Clefable
Electrode
Pinsir

Fossil-
Gengar
Dragonite

I Also Snatched up Dark Blastoise, Lugia from Neo, 1st edition Holo Giovanni, Holo Misty, Dark Raichu, Missing Symbol Jungle Electrode , Base Zapdos, Jungle Holo Snorlax for my son(His favorite Pokémon), 1st edition and Limited Edition Blue Eyes White Dragon, and acouple of XY cards for my National PokéDex File.

The wifes purchase. She asked me if I wanted it, I said no because I didnt want her to spend any money. But she later said fuck it and bought it for herself. Now im regreting it because it rapidly grew on me T-T
I want it.

1 Like

Some nice progress here! Noticed my missing symbol electrode in my binder from when I was a kid the other day, shame it’s the most common haha.

1 Like

Thanks! I couldnt pass it up it was only $0.99, in NM condition. That is a shame, I didnt know that. Im going to be visiting a small thrift Collectors Shop in a Mans garage. I saw his post on craigslist, he has a Missing Symbol Jungle Jolteon in his photos. Lets see what goodies await me there!

Hopefully a Holo Fossil Haunter, Holo Fossil Ditto, Holo Fossil Moltres, and a Base Dragonair. Those would complete my Kanto PokéDex!

Nice work! I want to make similar, but National Dex (with families being closer, for example yanmega after yanma) and by type (grass, fire…). Expansion means nothing.

That sounds like a good idea. Im doing the kanto PokéDex File for nostalgia purposes. And National for just plain collecting. Im far from being done with the National one though. I dont care much for what some cards meant such as trophy cards and some promos. I mostly do it because of the artwork and the nostalgic feeling. To be quite honest there is some cards that are considered valuable that have terrible doodle-like artwork. But as far as expansions, I lost interest after WOTC cards.

The electrode came in some sort of box set i vaguely can remember it but not which one it was.