Cody's Gyarados WOTC Set

Hello E4! I do a lot of lurking but want to say how awesome this place is, how much I’ve learned, and thank Scott and all of you for being such amazing sources of information. It’s been great being here.

This is my WOTC Gyarados master set. Gyarados has always been my favorite and I grew up during the 90’s WOTC boom so I thought it’d be a really cool way to revisit my childhood! Just got the last couple of cards in so I thought I’d share.

Thanks for looking!

Base Set:

Base Set 2:

Team Rocket:

Gym Challenge:

Neo Rev:

Legendary Collection:

Skyridge:

26 Likes

Particularly love the legendary collection reverse!

3 Likes

Gyarados collectors are spoiled with nothing but solid art! Even the Expedition Chicken gyarados isn’t bad. :chicken:

5 Likes

Haha very true!

1 Like

Beautiful collection!

Will you be adding a Thick Stamp 1st ed Base Gyarados to your collection too? Would look mighty fine next to your Thin Stamp 1st ed copy :heart_eyes_cat:!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Oh yeah, definitely on the lookout for a thick stamp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very lovely collection. Thanks for sharing it. The shining Gyarados takes the cake for me. Such an iconic card.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Me too! The shinings take me right back to Pokemon Gold.

1 Like

I enjoy single species collections. What are some of your next collection goals, if any? Seems like you have all you need for Gyarados WOTC except stamp variations. Expanding into Gold Star and stuff like that?

2 Likes

Me too! This is the first time I’ve done a species collection.

As far as the next goal… that’s a good question. I’m slowly trying to do a complete master Gyarados set. For a long time I was WOTC-or-nothing but doing this Gyarados collection kind of opened my eyes to how awesome the mid-era stuff is. Fire Red/Leaf Green, Holon Phantoms, etc… these are really amazing cards and I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on them this long.

I’ve been able to pick up quite a few of the mid-era and newer PSA 9 Gyarados cards for pretty cheap on eBay and PWCC. I’m talking like 15-20 bucks for PSA 9s. Crazy times. So… to answer your question. Haha. I’m doing a complete Gyarados set sort of “on the side” and not sure about the next real goal. I’m thinking maybe the Jungle holos. Jungle/Fossil/Rocket were my favorites when I was a kid so I think it’d be cool to revisit Jungle.

3 Likes