Clara's Nature Collection ✿ Binder 2 Updated!

Hi there! I’m Clara ✿, and I collect nature cards - welcome to my collection thread!

My small collection started with just a few grass-type Pokémon surrounded by flowers. I was always more of an interested lurker, fangirling over the pretty art. With help from friends at various events like Regional Championships and Worlds (thank-you!!), my collection expanded. Over the years I’ve made a few purchases to add to my slow-growing collection, which up until recently I stored in a single binder.

After a long time debating whether I should collect more cards, I’ve decided to commit more thoroughly to my theme. I wanted to re-organize my original “garden binder” so it was more cohesive, and one day post it here so it could be shared more widely. Then I realized, I had too many cards… for one binder! I actually needed three binders (and maybe more to come! :wink:) for my themes to work the way I wanted. I’m at a point where I can now create my own collection thread - so please enjoy!

✿ Index ✿

1. :scroll: Intro & Index
  2. :potted_plant: Garden Binder
    a. Indoor Garden
    b. The Greenhouse
    c. The Patio
    d. Blooming Eevees
    e. The Gate
  3. :hibiscus: Meadow Binder
    a. Field of Eevees
    b. Living Petals
  4. :deciduous_tree: Forest Binder
  5. :ghost: Reserved… :shushing_face:
  6. :national_park: Reserved…?
  7. :thinking: Reserved JIC

✿ News & Updates ✿

• June 4, 2023 - After a week full of life things going on, I had a chance to scan the next binder! So I’ve now posted the beginning of binder 2. Also, I updated my scanner settings on my laptop, hopefully it turned out nice lol. :3
  • May 24, 2023 - Hartford Regional Championships this past weekend was lots of fun! Some of the cards I bought/collected over the weekend have been added to my garden binder! As well, my order from Troll & Toad arrived so I was able to add those cards in, too. The post for Binder 1 is now up to date!
  • May 13, 2023 - Scanned my first binder! Started to post the thread ;D
  • May 5, 2023 - The dumb order from Troll and Toad got held up with Fedex (dumb Fedex) so I decided to order more cards from a local shop. (Picked them up the next day!)
  • May 1, 2023 - Ordered some cards online
  • Apr 28, 2023 - Finished my design work and began formatting my thread.
  • Apr 24, 2023 - Had a chance to finally start creating the banners for my thread!
    Apr 13, 2023 - My binders arrived! Started to fill them up with my new theme ideas.
    Apr 11, 2023 - My spouse surprised me with the Grassy Gardening binder set from 2021 for my birthday! * squee * :grin:
    Apr 11, 2023 - Took a bit of time but I finally ordered some more binders!
  • Feb 3, 2023 - Began re-organizing my cards in my original binder and realized I needed 2 (or 3?!) more binders haha, oops!
22 Likes
34 Likes
7 Likes

Ultimate Guard Lands Edition I - Forest

Reserved

4 Likes

Ultimate Guard Lands Edition II - Swamp

5 Likes

Reserved

:national_park:

3 Likes

Reserved

:national_park:

6 Likes

Loving the detail and love put into this! Feels like I’m in a storybook. Excited to see more of the collection!

4 Likes

I’ve seen themed collections before, but I’ve never seen one where the binders themselves play into it. This is super awesome. Can’t wait to see how the rest looks like.

5 Likes

Thanks so much! I haven’t written creatively in a while so it was a lot of fun to work on this. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: Since I really only collect the cards with art I liked, I thought it made sense to organize them (and then the additional binders as my collection expanded) in this way. I am glad you like it!

4 Likes

I have some guesses of some cards you might have coming soon but we will see if I’m right

1 Like

This is so precious. :potted_plant: :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Yyyeeaahh, I love this. Eagerly waiting for more!

1 Like

This is looking so thoroughly thought and well loved that i can’t wait to see more, the theme around cards and all the work done to make it a beautiful and unique entirety couldn’t look better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone! It is a fun challenge to figure out the best way to organize everything, since I thought of many possible ways to categorize (and sub-categorize!) the cards - the location in the art, the type of pokemon, whether it’s an animal or plant, and then if it’s full-art, etc. I definitely still see areas for improvement and might shuffle things around more as I find more card artwork to add lol. There are still some empty spaces for future cards!

Anyway, parts 3 and 4 of binder 1 are now up. ^-^

PS. It was extra difficult to find some of the Eevees with the right artwork to fit my collection! There’s a surplus of Sylveons and I’m not complaining haha, but I suppose most people don’t hear “Flareon” and “Glaceon” and immediately think “Flowers!” :joy:

7 Likes

This is such a well thought out and so intricately presented collection post. It does really feel like going on a journey with you though your garden. It’s really an ingenious way to showcase your collection. This is definitely a thread to point out to whenever someone asks a question on what should they be collecting, or where to start collecting.

Truly inspiring. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Cheers!

5 Likes

I can bet that it was hard to find the right Eeveelutions. Glaceon only has like 2 cards with flowers, and Flareon just has some in grass fields.

Overall, this collection just keeps on getting better. Should be nice to see what’s next.

1 Like

Thank you!! This is like the greenhouse and garden I wish I could have in real life haha :rofl: Putting it together is a lot of fun, too!

1 Like

Yes, absolutely, the eevees are tricky but I feel bad leaving any out lol! I spent more time on Wed looking into which eevees I could add to my binders. And I will always have hope that the next set released will have some eligible ones - especially glaceons and jolteons!