Charizard "collector" edition from dragon majesty

Everything worth saying was already said or removed for legal reasons and people taking polls or arguing their feelings isn’t going to accomplish anything. PKM and Gottaketchumall kinda already wrapped this up. This card is a lightening rod for controversy. If you like controversy and drama, it’s a wet dream. If you hate that sorta stuff, it’s time to look the other way.

2 Likes

I keep seeing the PSA refused to grade it. Has anyone even tried?

That’s it I’m making a YouTube channel. I can’t take Pokémon channels anymore.

3 Likes

@gemmintpokemon

There were a few virbank people trying to get them graded at BGS and PSA from what I saw. I presume both failed to authenticate but never saw confirmation nor proof of that. One person trying to grade one at PSA had one of the cheaper available copies on ebay so that reinforces the presumption.

Makes sense. It keeps popping up, althouth I don’t remember reading any experiences.

Let me be crystal clear about this card: I don’t care at all. Never did, never will. I own 0 copies and will never buy a copy.

If any content is removed or edited it is entirely because of legal pressure. If for some reason you can’t pick up on nuance, this statement was obviously a legally pressured statement:

www.elitefourum.com/t/a-statement/23383/1

Lastly, this is a Pokemon forum, not a governed democracy. You aren’t entitled to information that crosses a legal boundary. Moreover, We reserve the right to move content as we see fit. If for some reason that triggers you or if want to focus on the 0.1% of threads removed, no one is forcing you to be here. We take the time to be as transparent as possible (literally stopped eating dinner to make this post) but you can’t satisfy everyone.

With that said feel free to talk about the card. Try to remain civil. And be sure to remove the 10 feet of dirt while excavating this card from being beaten into the ground.

10 Likes

@smpratte the above transparency is appreciated. The Streisand effect is a real thing and interest isn’t going to go away if it is continually deleted. I appreciate that it is probably hard to keep up with the moderation and easier to delete than moderate and/or lock threads continually. But it feels like it would be ideal if that could be the case so some amount of stories could be shared and some amount of information can be searchable to those wondering about it.

3 Likes

Just my 2c but I would suggest the best place for this kind of information is Bulbapedia. That way we can still help preserve the history behind the card for people interested while also reducing any risk of emotional thread derailing here on E4.

@gottaketchumall, Absolutely! At this point it will be an ongoing therapy session :wink:

6 Likes

The Hartford Collector’s Event was one of my favorite times I’ve had in the Pokemon hobby. I drove out from Boston with Devin and Reina, met up with tons of people at the convention center, recorded an epic podcast, had some great pizza, and crashed along with five (I think) others in Zack’s packed hotel room. We all had a blast looking at each other’s collections, opening packs and boxes, buying from the insane selection vendors had, and checking out the mini-museum with ridiculously rare stuff.

A couple days after the event finished up I got the Collector Charizard in the mail as I paid for a full ticket. Having that card serves as what I would consider a perfect reminder of the event. We all collect cards, and here’s a card that commemorates that in the best way possible. Whenever I look at the card, I’ll remember the excitement I had when Charlie mentioned in Nashville the possibility of a collector-specific event in Hartford, the amazing time I had with old and new friends at the event, and the pride that collecting Pokemon cards had become big enough to sustain its own event.

You can debate for days about whether the card is “real” or not, you can argue about semantics and production and “TPCi” and who put the cards in the mailbox, but you’ll never be able to dilute the experience that all attendees of the event had.

13 Likes

There’s nothing to discuss really. It’s a fairly common card with unofficial stamps created at an event. If you want to put it in a more simpler way I can buy 1000 more of those cards and stamp them myself; and I can price them at whatever price i’d like because fuck yall.

That’s what happened, excuse my language.

1 Like

Let me see you stamp a card. How much do you need to get it done? Let us know what you find out. Thanks.

20$ a pop

Whats your venmo? I’ll pay you $20 right now to show me a similar stamp on a different real pokemon card. Let me see you get a Collector dragons majesty made. I will supply the card.

Send me unlimited base raichus instead :wink:

Nah, we can compare your card to the one that was stamped for the collector event and put that to bed right away. If you think you can get it done, lets see it. I’ll fund the cost of the stamping and supply the card.

What if the font is more appealing would you charge more than the current one? Are you implying that the cost is justifiable because no one has taken the time out of their day to stamp cards themselves? Because in theory it’s only semi ok because it was at an event…?

Read exactly what dj said and stop trying to derail. If it was so easy to do, cards like the xy prerelease zard wouldn’t even exist. They’d all just turn into staff zards over time. People that could “get them stamped” would just buy them in mass and have it done and make a shitload of money or oversaturate the market trying. The questions you typed are just nonsense not worth responding to. Can you get the card made like you claimed or cant you? Cause if you can, show us.

1 Like

I can. You’re overthinking it actually.

K. So lets see it! Pm me your venmo and addy to send you the card. I’ll mark a corner so we know it’s the same card.

Show us what ya got. Im sure a lot of people here would love to see. We can rebump the thread once you have it made and compare it to the original.