brin's childhood collection

Hey e4, just wanted to share my Pokemon stuff I’ve held onto since I was very little. There may not be too many heavy hitters but the cards still mean a good amount to me.

I also found it kind of neat that none of these are cards I have bought, but earned and had bought for me back when I went to local tournaments and such as a kid. I only remember playing the card game from unlimited base to neo destiny expansions, so the ones shown are the ones I have most interest in.

I liked collecting holos but have nowhere near complete sets and sealed product like many on here have, so this is essentially a collection purely from me as a child playing the game and being very into the franchise.

Thought it could be kind of neat for you all to see stuff like this. I currently have just started getting enough income for a little bit of purchasing play for PSA stuff but only made a couple small purchases so far, testing the Ebay waters and such.

It is about 30 pictures for the binder, several are omitted in this topic since there are some pages that have cards that aren’t Pokemon. I will also skip the middle pictures of repeated card pages.

First are the energy promos, my place shut down their shop when I was a kid and everyone got to pick stuff out of their promo prize box. I chose the energies, some birthday pikachus, and reverse holo pichus.

The only thing I have actually recently purchased out of it all is this 10 nidoran, a charmander, and a few postcards.

Makes me happy showing this to others who also like Pokemon, and also glad to be taking part in this hobby again. I am currently looking into 1st edition base. Somehow I didn’t manage to come across them even back when I first played, though I could have easily traded them away without realizing much of a difference back then. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm is that VHS lol… You really loved them water energies haha. Its cool to reminisce on some of the collections we had as a kid, thanks for sharing :grin:

1 Like

Haha yeah, I used to be taken to the store when each VHS came out so I could bring it in for everyone to watch when I had to go to daycares when family was working at hospitals. :wink: Didn’t get to nab any fire energies though, haha.

1 Like

Love the Pokémon Tower promo as well as the story behind your collection:)

1 Like

Thanks a ton!~ glad it was an enjoyable post

Humble beginnings. Nice collection. I especially like that charmander sees a ghost book, first time seeing it. Good luck on your first edition set :+1:t3:

1 Like

Haha, thank you!. I thought the little books are pretty neat.

fun fact: if you look closely, you can see I once tested a hermit crabs grip strength with the top corners of my oversized articuno moltres zapdos card :zipper_mouth_face:

Dang that card has been through some things😬

Birthday Pikachu page is looking all kinds of aesthetic!

Nice post!

Yeah, luckily it was just an OS card that took the full brunt of my young card strength curiosities

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Stunning collection you have there. You must have had an awesome childhood by the looks of it!