Bread’s Loaf

I love anything Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, or Team Rocket. My primary collecting goal is to build those sets in their entirety.

Base Set Complete 102/102: March 15th, 2021

A side collection I have started is any and all releases of the 3 birds (Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos)

13 Likes

I am cackling at Bread’s Loaf

1 Like

can’t wait for the pictures

First couple pages of the lot. Will update again when I get the new ones in.

7 Likes

This was a nice surprise to get early! A little more scratchy than I was anticipating but very happy I have him now

6 Likes

I have to say i particularly enjoy this collection thread, sometimes i feel like this hobby has just become about money and collecting the most expensive cards so it’s very refreshing to see a start of a collection with also more regular cards and not necessary all gem minty. I think these kinds of collections are just as important as all the psa 10 ones, thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you! I definitely want to collect some of those rarer graded cards as time goes on and budget permits (I actually have a PSA 8 1st Ed Dark Charizard on the way) but a huge part of my collecting goal is to assemble the old sets (base, jungle, fossil, Team Rocket) in this binder just like we did back in the day.

2 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t supposed to sound like here won’t be any rare cards! But i like the fact that you started from a scratch and shared the progress with the more common cards too :blush: most of us get those too but they aren’t shown basically anywhere but this is a natural way of including them too in between those more rare and valuable ones!

1 Like

As I build it out, I’ll eventually put the sets into number order but for now I do really like the randomness of it haha, reminds me of how it was when I was a kid. I just love the look of these common, unlimited versions of the base set. To me, I look at that unlimited Charmander and I can honestly say that’s one of my favorite cards ever, even though it’s technically not valuable like it’s shadowless 1st edition counterpart, it’s such an iconic card in itself. Nostalgia through the roof because I find value in it that’s not monetary. lol

1 Like

Added a bit of flare to the collection!

I really like the kind of vast array of items I’ve began gathering from really common stuff, some cool newer stuff and also now these graded rarer items. I now have a couple clear goals in mind I’d like to start focusing on:

1: Build the Base, Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket sets completely
2: Collect tons of different versions of the 3 birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)

2 Likes

I think y’all know where I’m going with this…

More holos on the way as well as the rest of the commons/uncommons. Base Set should be complete within a month before going after Jungle and Fossil

4 Likes

Well it’s done. Base Set is complete 102/102! First big milestone in my Pokémon collecting journey.

13 Likes