AscendedBidoof's Pokemon Game Collection

Hey everyone! I have finally achieved my first major collection goal! I have obtained all of the mainline Pokemon games (and a few spin-offs) complete with their original boxes, manuals and inserts.

This took me about 8 months or so to collect! I spent hours upon hours on eBay refreshing newly listed Pokemon games waiting for somebody to list a box that was in good condition, but for a lower price than what other comparable BIN listings were asking for. I got a little adrenaline rush every time I found a good box pop up in the wild, hoping that someone else wouldn’t snag it before I did. This was a lot of fun to put together and I’m almost a little sad that it’s over. Oh well, on to the next chase!

For now I’m just showing off the front and back of the boxes but maybe down the road I’ll update this and show what comes in each box.

I’m really excited to show you all, so I hope you enjoy!

GEN 1: Red, Blue and Yellow

Gen 2: Gold, Silver and Crystal
**Gen 3: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen

Gen 4: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver

Gen 5: Black, White, Black 2 and White 2

Gen 6: X,Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Gen 7: Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Whoops, forgot to take a pic of the back

Gen 8: Sword and Shield

Whoops (pt. 2), forgot to take a pic of the back

Spin-Offs:

Pokemon Stadium 1&2

Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness

Here’s how it looks all together on my shelf!

:blush:

29 Likes

This is amazing. Wonderful collection!

2 Likes

This is extremely hype! Amazing to see!

1 Like

Crazy that it all condenses down into those few shelves, but it’s a really nice and neat collection. At least you’ll never be done! You could even dip into other languages or spinoffs if the yearly game doesn’t do it for you.

1 Like

I was considering if I wanted any of the Japanese versions or more spin-offs but ultimately I only want games that I would want to play. The only exception I would make would be for the original Red, Green and Blue. The art on the boxes is different and I know those games so well that I probably don’t need to know any Japanese to beat it.

You’re definitely right about never being done though! Every time a new game comes out I can update this collection thread lol. I’ll probably get another shelf just to make sure I have space for everything.

1 Like

Awesome collection!

1 Like

Congrats! These look great together!

By the way, where did you get the clear plastic cases?

2 Likes

Thanks! They’re acrylic cases that I got off eBay. I got them specifically from Here. They do a great job showcasing the game! I don’t think the pictures I took do them much justice but they look sleek and they’re thick so they provide good protection.

2 Likes

I think they look pretty good in your pictures, @ascendedbidoof ! And thanks for the link—I’ll check them out!

1 Like

I’ve been so excited for this since it was announced and now that it’s here I can say it was a fantastic follow up to a childhood favorite. More so than any of the recent games, this one really made me feel like a kid again playing Snap. It was a very fun experience, even though I blasted through it over the weekend I’m excited to go back and finish everything I didn’t get to do yet.

6 Likes

Great stuff! Are you thinking of including the Japanese versions of these at all? Also what got you into it?

1 Like

I might consider the Japanese games in the future and only the games that have a different artwork than the versions I have. So I think that would be Red/Green/Blue and Stadium.

I stopped collecting the cards when I was a kid in favor of Yugioh but always kept up with the games. I used to have all of them in cartridge form but I think I gave my little brother most of my GB/GBA games and kept at least one game from Gen 4 onwards. Last summer I really wanted to play Pokemon Stadium but I didn’t have it or an N64. I ended up buying the Toys R Us Pikachu N64 since I really wanted it when I was a kid as well as Pokemon Stadium with it’s box and contents. My brother ended up giving me all my Gen 1 and 2 games back to me so I figured I’d recollect all of the cartridges so I can play and trade. After that I bought Stadium 2 in box to match it’s predecessor and at that point I realized I wanted all of the game boxes too.

2 Likes