argon's collection

**argon's collection**  

Hey all, so after over year on this site, mostly lurking, I decided to share my ccollection for everyone that might be interested. So about me: I registered on this site after a comment of a good friend of mine at a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament, that he bought a complete unlimited german base set just for collection purposes. I’ve played Yu-Gi-Oh for over 10 years at that point (and I obviously had Pokemon Cards as well as a kid, but there were no tournaments at all) but I never thought about collecting a TCG. So after a little research I bought my first card graded by PSA. And from there I was hooked.
I don’t have any clear collecting goals, although I do like Gen 3 and the Blaziken line the most since this is when I started playing Pokemon on the GBA. At the moment I’m focusing on binder sets, so the next few new arrivals will most likely all be raw cards.

But let’s start with all the graded cards:

Also here as imgur album for a closer look.

Magneton PSA 9 Base 1st Zapdos PSA 9 Base 1st Pidgeot PSA 9 Jungle 1st

Haunter PSA 9 Fossil 1st Dark Arbok PSA 9 Team Rocket Dark Blastoise PSA 9 Team Rocket 1st 1st

Dark Gyarados PSA 9 Team Dark Hypno PSA 10 Team Rainbow Energy PSA 9 Team
Rocket 1st Rocket 1st Rocket 1st

Dark Magneton PSA 9 Team Misty’s Tentacruel PSA 9 Gym Brock PSA 9 Gym Heroes 1st
Rocket 1st Heroes 1st

Erika PSA 9 Gym Heroes 1st Koga PSA 9 Gym Challenge 1st Sabrina PSA 9 Gym Challenge 1st

Ampharos PSA 9 Neo Genesis Lugia PSA 8 Neo Genesis 1st Skarmory PSA 9 Neo Genesis 1st
1st

Slowking PSA 9 Neo Genesis 1st Togetic PSA 9 Neo Genesis 1st Shining Gyarados PSA 9 Neo Revelation 1st

Shining Magikarp PSA 9 Neo Tentacruel PSA 9 Aquapolis Victreebel PSA 9 Aquapolis
Revelation

Nidoking PSA 9 Aquapolis Crobat PSA 9 Skyridge Golem PSA 9 Skyridge

Flareon PSA 9 Skyirdge Magcargo PSA 9 Skyridge Squirtle PSA 9 McDonalds Promo

Sneasel ex PSA 9 EX R&S Aggron ex PSA 9 EX Sandstorm Magcargo ex PSA 10 EX Dragon

Blaziken ex PSA 9 EX TM vs. TA Sceptile ex PSA 9 EX TM vs. TA Charizard ex PSA 9 EX FRLG

Electrode ex PSA 9 EX FRLG Rocket’s Entei ex PSA 9 EX TRR Gold Star Torchic PSA 9 EX TRR

Medicham ex PSA 9 EX Emerald Jolteon ex PSA 9 Delta Species Ledian PSA 9 Skyridge

Mismagius Lv. X PSA 9 Rising Lanturn Prime PSA 10 HGSS Glaceon GX PSA 10 Hidden Fates
Rivals Unleashed

Exeggutor PSA 9 Aquapolis Banette ex PSA 9 EX Legend Maker

Also as mentioned at the top I’m collecting a lot of binder (master) sets. I consider a master set all cards that can be pulled from the boosters of said series. If I complete those I might post them as well.
At the moment it’s:

• Base 1st German - 96/102
  • Team Rocket 1st - 79/83
  • Expedition Base Set
  • EX Ruby & Sapphire
  • EX Dragon
  • Cosmic Eclipse - 349/464

Yes it’s probably not that smart to collect seven binder sets at once. I don’t make the best financial decisions.

Completed binder sets:

• Team Up
  • Evolutions
  • EX Sandstorm (album)
22 Likes

Really cool collection! Gold star torchic is my favorite from the set you got but those first ed base cards are amazing.

4 Likes

Great collection! can’t wait to see what you pick up in the future!

2 Likes

Nice keep it vintage, love it!

1 Like

What can I say? FREAKING NICE.

2 Likes

Always love that Mcdonalds Squirtle. Great picks!

1 Like

DAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGG. Nice collection

1 Like

You have quite the nice graded collection. I’ll have to check out the binder sets as well. Very nice balance and unique collection. Congratulations!

1 Like

Too few Agrons!

1 Like

This weeks arrivals:

All of it goes towards my binder master sets.
Most of it was Cosmic Eclipse:

This weeks highlights:

Dark Arbok and Dark Machamp for the Team Rocket set…

as well as Bulbasaur for my german Base set.

Which brings my sets up to:

Base Set 1st - 85/102
Team Rocket 1st - 70/83
Cosmic Eclipse - 382/464

Awesome collection. I love seeing more and more people talking about their binder collections. I’m sure we all have them but so much focus on graded cards these days takes away from how awesome they can be

1 Like

Over the past month i mostly accumulated more Cosmic Eclipse to get my Master Set closer to completion. Here are some examples:

I also acquired some cards for the sets I’m looking to complete next:

Also I was also able to find one of the last reverses from EX Sandstorm and two 1st Edition Base Set Holos that I needed for my master sets:

Recently I found out about sites like buyee which led to me discovering the foxhole that is japanese exclusive cards. The art on some of those is really amazin. Great now I got to collect those as well:

All these additions bring my master sets to:

• EX Sandstorm 187/193
  • Base Set 1st German 87/102
  • Cosmic Eclipse 433/464
4 Likes

Over the last month I managed to collect a lot more important cards for my master sets.

I will however start off with the two PSA cards I bought since the last update:

The e-series cards are still quite cheap compared to the rest of wotc and I really like the artwork on the Exeggutor. :blush:

I also bought some of the missing german Base cards:

My Team Rocket Set is now also almost done:

Then I bought one of the most beautiful cards of the SM-Era (in my opinion):

My favourite buy over the last month, were these two cards:

With these two cards I completed my EX Sandstorm master set. I linked an imgur album of the complete set here.

The last pick for this post is this shiny japanese card (all thanks to the guy who kept shilling it on discord):

My master sets in progress:

• EX Sandstorm 193/193 (album)
  • Base Set 1st German 96/102
  • Cosmic Eclipse 449/464
  • Team Rocket 1st Edition 79/83
5 Likes

@fivesetgo, I absolutely adore that Arbok artwork! Great work!

1 Like

@fivesetgo, some really nice cards in this collection!!! Not a big PSA guy myself but love the 1st ed’s.

1 Like

Lovely collection, Rocket artwork just pops so much more than the other 3 first gen.

1 Like