Aizawa's Collection

So as I’ve stated in another thread I’m just starting out on my WotC era collection!2020 update: posting pics soon while I adjust this thread xoxo

(WotC Black Star Promos): COMPLETE

imgur.com/a/dQa3s

(WotC Prerelease): COMPLETE

(Various Other Promo Cards):

Set #1 (Base Set Unlimited): COMPLETE

Set #2 (Jungle Unlimited): COMPLETE

Set #3 (Fossil Unlimited): COMPLETE

Set #4 (Rocket Unlimited): COMPLETE

Set #5 (Neo Genesis Unlimited):

Set #6 (Neo Discovery Unlimited):

Set #7 (Neo Revelation Unlimited):

Set #8 (Neo Destiny Unlimited):

Other (Japanese Cards):

Other (Prof. Program Energies):

First off, I am not a fan of Nintendo sets, but EX is very attractive to me still. For this reason I do have a binder for those beautiful early EX cards that I hope to grow soon. I still haven’t started Gym due to the price but I do have a few holos already from various acquisitions. I’m really amazed to see how much value my collection has grown since 2017, especially for my Black Star promos!

3 Likes

Gotta say, Pokemon Center and Lucky Stadium are no joke with their price tags. I was able to snag a copy of each, though. Should have my full Black Star promo set by the end of the next week, and I’m super excited!

I think I’ll be going for Southern Islands, next. After that I’m not sure, though a Legendary Collection reverse foil set sounds extremely awesome.

1 Like

I feel you on this, I just struggled getting a pokemon center for a reasonable price like a week and a half ago. I still want the lucky stadium, but it is crazy how high they have gone. I really don’t think it will last

1 Like

It definitely feels like the stock is getting low on them, I only found one listing for Lucky Stadium on Ebay by Trollandtoad, which I was happy to see because they don’t upcharge very much from my experience, they seem to charge less on average than most sites.

I got Pokemon Center off a site I thought was looking kind of shady at first, but I ordered some cheap promos off them and they came in really good condition, with very little to no whitening on the back. So I went ahead and ordered his only copy of Pokemon Center for nearly 50% off the market value.

T&T still wanted like 70 bucks for ex lucky stadium. There are def more of them out there than are currently sound so I’m putting my money on a bubble. Charizard authority had like 50 of them up on his shop not that long go. Either way I’m still looking hardcore for one.

I’m not collecting wizards promos though, just a New Yorker and figured I have to get them just in case it isn’t a bubble

Yeah, for sealed product or NM I’m seeing prices anywhere from $90 to hundreds. From the story I heard on another thread seems this is pretty recent and I’d suspect due to hoarding to inflate the price. From archives of older sites I am seeing just a few years ago you could get Stadium for $23.

Luckily for me the card condition isn’t too much of a deal breaker for me unless it’s a Poor grade and the card is heavily damaged, a little bit of white on the back won’t even show in my portfolio.

Also holy crap what some of these people want for some of these reverse holo legendary collection cards, I’m seeing some probably PSA 1 or 2 grade Charizards still charging $60-70 for a card that looks like its about to fall apart.

Think my camera has a low battery or something, couldnt get a crisp shot but Lucky Stadium and Pokemon Center are in!

imgur.com/a/Z3RxL

manual focus would fix that in a jiff. great cards

So I had this old debit card one of my old jobs gave me, found out it has like $700 on it. Decided to make a bit of a difficult decision but I went ahead and got Base Set, Fossil, Jungle and Team Rocket. I also bought all the Prerelease cards from WotC (not Raichu, of course :stuck_out_tongue:)

Not sure how the conditions on them will be when they arrive but all the listings I paid for were claiming NM-Mint. Safe to say my first binder will be complete.

There’s a few JP cards I want eventually but they are all pretty pricey (GR Mewtwo, GB2 Lugia, Masaki cards) but this is a great start.

I also found a really neat card, its a Meowth with a gold border, I guess they came from Fruit Rollups or something? Didn’t even know something like that existed, and I’m pretty sure I had a few of those rollups when I was a kid.

1 Like

These little gems just came from Japan.

Left: GR Mewtwo came from buying the Celebi GBA bundled with TCG2 at the Pokemon Center, I don’t know how many of these were made.

Right: Came with TCG2 for the Gameboy Color.

3 Likes

Check the condition of the Clefable, in the crazy scenario where that card is mint, some odd crazy .000001% that is, thats a pop 1 worth a great deal. Even in a 9 that card will fetch something nice, out of all that you bought I’d check that one over very carefully and think about sending that into PSA. Other than that, getting all the old sets in complete condition in a nice ultra pro binder is a very good way to safeguard an investment.

Fruit roll ups meowth was December of 1999, I believe they were inserted into random boxes. Its either that or WOTC just gave Rusty at the Charizard Authority 10,000 of them as it seems he never runs out. The card isn’t super crazy rare but I added mine with all the promo’s as well as the two E3 cards, the poketour pikachu, and ancient mew being the are really the only non black star miscellaneous cards before they started energy pokemon league promos. I pretty much consider them part of the 53/53 set.

Yeah, it’s nowhere near mint, has a lot of edge silvering on the front and white edges on the back, but the card itself has a high value no matter what the condition from what I gather.

I’m using the X4 by StarCityGames, basically the same thing as the Ultra Pro binders but with 12 cards per page instead of 9.

That Lugia looks amazing, how much do they go for?

Hey budget, I got the pair of 2 for $50 USD in LP condition, I’ve only seen one seller on ebay selling them, he has a sealed Lugia card for $100 if it’s still up.

I’ve been gone quite a while, but the collection hasn’t stopped growing. I’ll be posting some pictures later :blush:

2 Likes