A Charizard collection you don't see everyday...

Hi!
I have finally decided to upload a video of a good part of my collection :blush:

I was used to collect everything Charizard related, like pluches, figures, shitajiki, japanese weird stuff etc…) but around a year ago I decided to focus my non tcg collection primarily on cards and other things I like most (i.e. postcards, stamps, stickers, old school displays, 3rd anniversary and art gallery merchandise etc…)

I am collecting these cards since 2013 when I discovered the existence of Topsun cards, and now I own almost every non TCG Charizard card to my knowledge.

I cant stop myself to buy multiple copies of my favourite cards (you will see this with some Meijis or some phonecards), thats pretty mad, I know lol
There are a lot of unique and great artworks in the non tcg world, and I love them as much as I love my tcg cards…

Even if it is an ungraded collection I always try to get cards in great conditions only… I would say a 90-95% is nearmint to mint.

I would love to linger more on the story of these cards, but I couldn’t do this kind of deepening because the video would have been 3 hours long :grin:
If you want we can use this thread to talk about non tcg Charizard stuff :blush:

Here the video! Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCzB_udMExc

I forgot to record an awesome 1998 Calendar I own, so I’ve also made this short video! Hope you like these epic artworks as I do!

Aaand this is the last video, where I analyze more deeply the Topps world, specially for the Series1 (you can find this video even in the Articles, Guides & Resources section, here the link)

Let me know your toughts!
Gabriele

19 Likes

Wow, really nice job on Finding all those

1 Like

Love your collection. Keep it up.

1 Like

Very unique is what I would put it at! Beautiful!

1 Like

This is amazing. Top tier dedication there :blush:

1 Like

Wow @hazard24 I am so very impressed with this collection, I’m a huge advocate for the non-tcg cards and what you have accomplished with Charizard is exactly what I’m aiming to do with Pikachu.

As a former stamp collector that Charizard stamp really got me intrigued, also that map was incredibly beautiful, I’d love to get one of those framed.

Thanks for sharing, that was a real treat to see mate!

1 Like

Thank you!:blush:

Let’s keep in touch so mate… I usually buy big lots from Japan even just for one charizard I need inside those lots… In this way I come across to a lot of Pikachus and other stuff that I always have to sell somehow ahah

1 Like

Absolutely mate, I tend to buy big lots of various Bandai Carddass sets so we definitely have lots to talk about, and I’m always on the hunt for more Pikachus so feel free to DM me at any time if anything comes up!

1 Like

Nice collection.
Besides some specifics on TCG I also like non TCG stuff before the year 2000. Try to buy as cheap as possible. Sometimes it’s a surprise and sometimes it falls in the wastebin. :blush:
I one of my buys this playing card set was part of this appendix/package. Couldn’t find it in your video :

It states : Shagokukan 1997 printed in Japan.

This is the Charizard card :

1 Like

DamnnNice collection! Would give my left testicle for that '98 calender, awesome artwork. Could you maybe make some HQscans for background purposes? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!
I think I saw that one long time ago but skipped on the purchase because I thought it was fake ahah
Actually playing cards are a super large world and I am pretty sure I am missing a few of those… Ill keep my eyes opened for this one… I really hope to find it at some point!

Wow awesome collection! I do enjoy the non tcg charizard cards I have a couple myself but nothing on this scale, lots of cards here I’ve not seen before thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

impressive collection!

1 Like

Thanks!I need the sticker in your propic :grin:

Hi,

Do you have this sticker or know more about. Does it come from Korea ?

https://i.imgur.com/GeNbCh3.jpg

Hey Congrats Gabriele ! This is the most impressive non-TCG Charizard collection i have ever seen.
I was thinking that you were only collecting TOPPS cards, but i was soo wrong !
Your topps video really helped me when i started collecting topps cards and now i’m collecting all the variation for the TOPPS TV Animation Series 1 Butterfree and i’m doing Collector Guide on All the variations.

The only charizard that seem missing from your TOPPS collection is a US 1st Edition Full Rainbow Foil (Blue Logo Rainbow Foil Over the card and the pokemon)

I’ll tell you if i found one, so far i only saw a charmeleon : offerup.com/item/detail/939382470

I have a question, Where did you find portuguese and spanish(Latin America) ? I can’t find any of those card on ebay and they are the only foreigh language missing from my butterfree collection.

Regards,
Daniel Girard Bolduc