3/13 Cards Submitted to PSA Ruined.

I just got a 10 card sub back last week, just noticed one of the cards was pinched in the encap process as well. Getting pretty frustrated for multiple reasons with the quality of work and transparency of PSA as a whole. I can understand growing pains but shits getting out of hand.

Quick Question: When grading with Ludkins and providing estimate value on their form…does that apply as well? I.e. provide worth of the card with estimate grade, or ungraded value? Idk if they fill out their form differently than I do mine.

I would have to assume so. They are submitting it to PSA ultimately so all PSA guidelines would still have to apply.

Essentially provide a value that is 1. realistic, 2. that you would be comfortable receiving that amount in the event of total loss (loss during shipment, PSA building burns down, PSA pinches the card in the case, loss during return shipment).

@funmonkey54 would know for sure.

Ludkins Collectables provides a completely separate and unique policy on your card. So PSA’s policies are irrelevant to the compensation you will receive due to loss or damage during the grading process if submitted through Ludkins Collectables.

What would OP have gotten in this situation then?

3 Likes

Question about this then. When doing, say the 100 card bulk order for example, they say the maximum value for a card is $99. Now obviously they will still grade cards that are obviously worth way more, especially if graded high. So does this mean that the maximum value of $99 will only apply for insurance purposes if the card gets damaged? So if I put the actual value as like $600 and it gets damaged, the max they will cover is $99 or would it be $600? I would assume only $99 even if you declared a different value, but still curious about this lol.

Does the online submission center even allow you to input a value greater than $99.00 on these types of submissions? I’ve never tried doing this, so I’m not sure if you’d get some type of error message or if it would just add onto your submission like normal.

Either way, I would have to say you would be SOL in that case.

@oldskoolpokemon and @pokematt they do not allow you to enter anything above $99 when submitting bulk.

My recent submission to PSA that I posted over in the grades thread was a bulk order. All in I had less than two grand into that collection. I put values of $50-$95 for a few cards, namely the Base 1st wartortle, base charizard and 1st edition dark charizard. Realistically I had even less than that into them but now today I know each of those graded a 10 and was worth well over both what I paid and what I valued them at. At an 8/9 though which some other cards in the submission got it would have obviously been much closer. My total 163 card submission value was at $2500 so if the entire package was lost I would have made money, but well under just what those 3 cards ended up achieving themselves being 10’s. Did I know they would be 10s? No, but I knew they had a chance. It is just so hard when you pay one price, they are “worth” another in your estimated condition raw, and then 8/9/10 there are huge gaps between values.

The whole system is a bit dicey and it’s hard to say what the best route to take is. If those 3 cards I mentioned were pinched at PSA and I only got $285 back you can bet I’d be awful sore about it. Could anyone expect me to value them at $2,000, $500 ad $500 though? It would be a waste all the times similar cards end up getting 9’s.

Oh wow, little late here but that really sucks. Never had a problem with PSA personally, aside from some labeling issues (who cares I will worry about that when and if I sell) but this is not the first time I have seen this happen. I makes me really will make me think hard about declared values and should be used as a cautionary tale. It just stinks that it had to happen to you :confused:

The case has tabs that hold the card in place. Are the tabs on the top or bottom half of the shell? Could they be putting the case in the machine upside down?

The tabs are just too dam fitted. Having a little room like the older cases had was okay.

I think we have a few problems here.

The vast majority of cards have very tangible and known values in both raw and graded formats. It’s not hard to determine the value of nearly any card.

We must be honest with ourselves too, claiming that the value of a card is X because you think it will get a PSA 10 is ridiculous. When you submit a Mint card to PSA, it has a value that you either paid or would sell for at that exact condition as a raw condition.

The hypothetical what would this card be worth in whatever grade is irrelevant, it doesn’t have a third party opinion yet.

It is this very reason that we have different prices between mint raw cards and PSA ‘Y’ graded cards.

In this situation, PSA is covering their own backsides. It’s frustrating because you now have to replace those cards.

I’ve had three cards pinched, and the compensation I got was IAW their new graded value, because they were pinched cards in a PSA 10 case.