2022 Toronto Regional Championships: Mitsuhiro Arita

PFM has the right of it in terms of cost to simply attend for out of country folks. I’m booking sheraton for the weekend and flying and added together is $1k easy.

On top of no panel pass it’s impossible to promise anyone help to get a card signed when I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to myself.

Hopefully it’s the case that the line is manageable enough for multiple passes but I doubt it after seeing what happened at Baltimore.

2 Likes

Hotels ended up being prohibitively expensive, so I will just be there Saturday. Got a panel pass so I’ll just avoid the main line and go with my 2 guaranteed autos. Hopefully I will see all of you there!

4 Likes

Are we gonna ogranize an efour meet up or just go and see what happens :eye:

1 Like

Following. Would love to meet fellow E4 members! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I will be attending in hopes of getting my first autos. This event is only a few hours from me and will be the first I attend. I hope it goes smoothly.

Anyone have any suggestions on how early to show up to the venue?

Additionally, Alakazam EX secret rare is one I will be looking to have signed. any thoughts on which of the three colors would show best on the card would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Anyone have any suggestions on how early to show up to the venue?

The start times are posted on the events page. Past that, use your best judgement as nobody is going to want to disclose their trade secrets that could potentially cost them a spot in line.

1 Like

What’s everyone planning on getting signed (add-ons, no add-ons?)?

Im hoping to get a shadowless Abra signed, as well as an ex card from my childhood binder… probably delta species Ttar, Lugia pop, Ho-Oh pop, or smth like that… i also would rly love to get my vending aerodactyl signed… im kinda regretting not getting a panel pass bc now im gonna have to be potentially be there all day every day from doors to close in case i get the text that im up to get a card signed.

Should i bring cash? I am getting excited!!!

Edit: nvm, i see that its card only. Does anyone know when the actual event doors open? It says the general line doesnt open until 12 but im assuming registration starts right when the doors open?

He may have seen better days, but he’s my childhood buddy and dang well is he getting a medal of honour after surviving countless trips in my backpack, pocket, and the playground.

9 Likes

Nice, I’m bringing a Shadowless Abra myself along with Alakazam EX.

I’m bringing some walk around cash in case I see something I like at vendor booths.

As far as time goes I’m personally unsure. People are pretty tight lipped on the matter it seems.

2 Likes

@KazaamCollectibles ya it does kinda seem that way :joy: i have literally 0 experience with this and specific details dont really seem to be included anywhere, but i managed to locate a full schedule for the whole weekend through the twitter page for the regionals

2 Likes

Saturday and Sunday are a hint for how early the doors could be opening up at on friday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Idk why this is all so cryptic :sob: if anyones there by now, i hope its friggin awesome!!! I decided i wasnt gonna get up at balls am to make it downtown before 8 lmao

Because I don’t want to set a standard for others to follow. I ended up getting there at 5am, a good 40 people were there some waiting since last night before 11pm (wtf!)

5 Likes

You are lying…
(Please say you’re lying lol)

1 Like

No there were maybe 10 or so people waiting from last night and a good number of people that got there between 3am and 5am and maybe another 80 or so until 8ish

2 Likes

Im honestly not surprised tbh. I camped out for a sneaker release once and i can honestly say it was not worth it at all and i would never do that again, especially not in downtown toronto in the winter :joy:

I woke up around 6am and hopped on the tram over to the centre. Thankfully arrived just in time to get into the first 200 or so sms queue. My goal is to make it through the line at least once this event.

4 Likes

Last minute but if anyone wants a card signed (non-sketch slot) let me know as I only want a couple cards signed and have a panel slot.

1 Like

People getting signatures: how long would you say it takes sharpie to dry? How long should one wait to sleeve the card after signing to avoid smearing, or is this not rly a problem?