1st ed charizard cross over regrade from PSA to BGS question

Hey guys, looking for some insight from the pros from efour. I m thinking about crossing over and regrading my PSA 6 charizard to BGS to upgrade the face number value on the card, im thinking it will def upgrade to a BGS 7-8. Here are some pictures and examples.

Psa 6 charizard front i.imgur.com/Gufd2am.jpg
Psa 6 charizard Back i.imgur.com/F4PImpa.jpg

Here are some examples on why I believe BGS will upgrade my zard. checkout these images of BGS graded zards

BGS 7.5 front i.imgur.com/0yc0chf.jpg
BGS 7.5 Back i.imgur.com/x2F94pK.jpg

BGS 7 Front i.imgur.com/3h8JzU7.jpg
BGS 7 Back i.imgur.com/arBgi0m.jpg

So this poses a few quetions
1.Do you guys also believe i could cross over to a bgs 7.5 or better? or min 7? is it worth it?
2. Would sending the psa 6 slab effect the graders decision? should i break the slab? (i really want to avoid this if possible)

thank you

Slight upgrades from a PSA grade to a BGS grade aren’t going to positively affect the value enough to justify the cost. If you were going from a PSA 4 to BGS 8, sure. But a PSA 6 to BGS 7-8 (purely speculative) isn’t going to gain you much, if any, value. Lower grade PSA cards generally sell better than lower grade BGS cards. BGS would not take the PSA grade into account, they have their own processes. With the condition that card is in, your best bet is to just leave it as is.

1 Like

I wouldn’t send anything to BGS unless it has a shot at a 10 and this does not.

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

1 Like