$18,000.00 Offer---I Just Can't Do It

Lol

1 Like

If I had 30,000 I would totally give it to you GARY and then you couldnt say no… This just prooves that milhouse is once again rong, just like when he said the team rocket gang strikes back is an overated set… You crossed the line milhouse, and Im never going to forget it… Untill you explain yourself… AND EVEN THEN… There is always a biger moron on the planet that will pay more.

if it was me i’d take it… but im not in a situation to throw down 11k (UfuckingS) on a card in the first place.

The way i look at it, if you ever needed the cash, u have plenty of other not so unique stuff you could sell.

1 Like

…what?

1 Like

You heard me… Im crazy. In the future I would so save up that much lol. Why would money mean anything compared to a Pristine charizard. I would shoot someones toe off for that card… If they were a bad person.

1 Like

I would definitely accept it. Then again I definitely would not have paid $10k+ to begin with. I think I am in milhouse’s camp as well. Not that anyone cares, just tossing in 2 more cents.

I find it insane that some people just wouldn’t have thrown down 15k or 18k to begin with instead of losing the auction and immediately messaging you and begging for the card. What was your max bid on it @not Zelda Gilroy? That is if you don’t mind sharing, not sure if you already have or not.

I have a real tough time having any idea where the Pokemon market is going. Surely the card (and base set 1st cards in general) can’t go up in a straight line forever, but when and why would they ever go down? Surely we would all presume that card will never be worth a million, but what is its upper limit? All interesting questions.

Nobody can ever have a 100%, or close to 100% market prediction. When you have been collecting for a while, or in Gary’s case, a long while, you do pickup the knowledge and experience to more accurately be able to predict what you think certain cards or groups of cards will do in terms of price rise and fall. Most of us have figured out by now that the biggest factor in the value of Pokemon cards increasing a whole hell of a lot over the past 4-5 years is that the people who were at the right age during Pokemons heights (Born between ~1987-1993) are in their early-late 20s now and have money. A lot of new people have come into the hobby and they have money to spend. A lot of us on UPCCC fall into that group.

Don’t do it gary, the longer time goes on the more that card is worth, you know this better than most of us, if you have tried to crossover a few of your best but to no avail then this rings true even more.

So much of my collection is justified by ‘well I can always sell it for equal or more in the future’. I think this proves that it is the biggest lie we tell ourselves. :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t think anything tops up your card honestly. Not even an illustrator.

A significant contributing factor to high offers on Gary’s card is its popularity outside of pokemon. People in other hobbies will want that card as it is one of the most well known cards and currently the only BGS 10.

If you research the actual difference in price on bgs 10 vs psa 10 on most-all pokemon cards, it is negligible. In fact, PSA 10 cards are the top for 99% of pokemon cards. However, in sports cards, a good amount of rookies graded BGS 10 earn more than comparable PSA 10 examples. This is not 100% for every card, but as things stand now, with only 1 copy graded BGS 10 vs 92 PSA 10 copies, the demand for that bgs will be high.

I could easily see a sports collector or other non-sports collectors making an offer on this card. With that said, there is no reason to sell Gary!

5 Likes

Don’t mind sharing at all.
The fellow who came in second thought he bid plenty enough to win it. All week it had only gone up to 7,000.00. My top bid was 15,000.00 cause I wanted to be certain I got it. Then the back up bidder figured out who I was somehow and offered the 12.5 privately.
I’ve had a couple different customers offer up to 15k then this regular customer offered the 18k.
I just sent off the email regrettably passing on the offer. He’s international so not sure when or what I’ll here back. I can only hope he doesn’t take it personally and quits dealing with me.

Edit: my top may have been 12 or 13k now that I’m thinking about. Don’t recall exactly at the moment.

3 Likes

No gary… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN A DISTANT FUTURE WHEN IM NOT A CLEANER AND I HAVE MANY MONRAE… I WILL BUY IT I SAY!!

Edit: I was reading the other page and didnt see what you wrote on here… Looks like you have came to your senses and ignored milhouse and other people that have said such treachery.

In terms of the pokemon market and reasons it as a whole may come down I only see it happening when numbers of collectors start falling, with the franchise still going strong and many collectors still coming into it young and many of us in our 20’s, I don’t see it happening in the near future.

This is also strengthened by the fact that collectors can communicate and trade all over the world with internet.

2 Likes

No prob we can send another email accepting it for you saying you wish the money to go to charity (our collections)

I’m sure he won’t notice

Just grade the replacement and everyone is happy

Joking aside though I think I’d be the same whenever I finally get my Espeon God

5 Likes

Let me play Devil’s advocate. How would you feel if the price goes down dramatically and you still own it?

1 Like

Let me add to this. It goes down because another 2 get graded at the same level.

1 Like

Good question.
If I’m not interested in selling it, I don’t care what the value is.
If I ever wanted to sell, and got 15,000.00, I’d be a little regretful I didn’t sell it now.

2 Likes

How might you feel if it goes down to $7500.00?

1 Like

Id feel even worse. And if it was 1000.00, then even worse lol.

But seriously, if this card ever tanked like that everybody on this site would be sick;)

2 Likes